Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, NA Professional Education - Ethicon – Bariatric
Requisition ID: 5642180701
The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, Global Education Solutions is currently recruiting for a National Manager, Professional Education Program & Curriculum Design, for Ethicon Bariatric to be located in Cincinnati, OH.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures, and energy based surgical devices. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was started within Ethicon, and was separated and moved to Cincinnati, Ohio over 20 years ago, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today along with innovative energy devices for surgery.
Learn more at www.ethicon.com or follow us on Twitter @Ethicon
The Manager, Professional Education Program & Curriculum Design is accountable for the flawless development of Professional Education content throughout the Education Continuum in key focus areas within General Surgery, Hernia, Bariatric Colorectal, Gynecology/Urology, CV, Thoracic, Neuro-Spine, Surgical Oncology, Energy, Wound Closure, MIP. This should be achieved through strong clinical / customer knowledge along with exceptional collaboration and teamwork with Faculty, Medical Affairs, Marketing, Sales, Strategic Accounts and Global Education Solutions teams. The Manager has responsibility for: US National Programming, content/curriculum development, Faculty Management (Tier 1), integration of innovative technologies, budget management, and adherence to critical functional processes. This individual is responsible for adhering to all applicable legal and regulatory requirements as well as Company Health Care Compliance policies.
• Market and Industry Knowledge: Understand and apply market, industry, competitor, and health care compliance, legal, and regulatory knowledge. Understand the external marketplace including competitor offerings and strategy, changing stakeholders, and apply knowledge to shape Professional Education curriculum and content. Participate in benchmarking of MD&D and other industries for best-in-class. Professional Education and adult training. Attend National Society meeting sessions and incorporate learning into current content where appropriate.
• Product, Clinical, and Disease State Knowledge: Deep clinical and disease state knowledge to create effective and accurate learning solutions for Professional Education. Understand the applicability of competing products in targeted procedures.
• Customer Insights: Acquire and translate customer insights into curriculum and content as it relates to unmet needs and future educational offerings
• Business Acumen: Execute the US Prof Ed Specialty Business Plan by developing and executing the prioritized program and curriculum builds including new product launches. Manage within budget for the curriculum builds. Collaborate with the GES Operations team and the Delivery team to measure results through follow-up and metrics. Work with business partners to develop resource requirements, ROE (Return on Education) measurement, and desired business outcomes.
• Leadership & Partnerships: Lead the Procedure Strategy Team (PST) curriculum needs assessment program, collaborative insight generation, and content design process. Collaborate with GES Design counterparts, including Sales Design leads as well as other departments/business units/other J&J companies during program and content creation to leverage content components, to reduce redundancies and ensure efficient process. Develop and maintain relationships with external faculty and vendors to effectively create Professional Education program and content.
• Curriculum/Program Development & Execution: Lead program content/curriculum development aligned with US Specialty and Brand Marketing plans. Develop project plans with clear objectives, milestones, resource requirements, and deliverables. Submit all content through the Copy Review process, keeping all content current, ensuring all content is approved for use and has met regulatory requirements. Develop educational brochures for internal and external promotion. Provide an annual Prof Ed needs assessment and maintain a faculty workbook.
• Technology: Accountable to understand and utilize existing and new technology; Digital, Simulation or Tele-Mentoring/Webcasts to effectively integrate and reinforce key learning concepts throughout the Education Continuum. Design and implement complementary non-course educational material (e.g., e-learning, web site content, procedure videos) for prioritized learning continuums
• Global Mindset: Understand the global business environment and help enable global capability through creation of content for the Train the Trainer models and best practice sharing
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree is required
• MBA or certification in an educational or training-related field/program is preferred
• Minimum of eight (8) years of related business experience is required
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the healthcare industry, preferably in medical device space is required
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Sales, Marketing or Professional Education is required, preferable within MD&D
• Knowledge of key specialties aligned to the role is required
• Knowledge of adult learning methodologies Instructional design experience, e.g.; building curriculum for Healthcare providers is preferred
• Experience in designing distance learning is preferred
• Experience in telementoring, surgical simulation and innovative training modalities preferred
• KOL interaction/management is preferred
• This position will require up to 40% domestic travel
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)