Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sofware Engineer, Digital Orthopedic Surgery
Requisition ID: 5642171204
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Software Engineer, Digital Orthopedic Surgery to be located in Providence, RI ( 1 Ship Street, Providence, RI) OR satellite office in Boston, MA (31 St James Avenue, Boston, MA) areas.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
The Software Engineer, Digital Orthopedic Surgery will report to the Program Manager of Digital Orthopedic Surgery. This position is an opportunity to be one of the ground floor members of this exciting team. In this newly created position, the Software Engineer will translate product requirements into equipment software requirements and develop test cases for software verification and validation. Interface with equipment integrators for reviewing software requirements and design, control of source code, reviewing code, configuration management, change management, program testing, integration of software, and release management process.
In addition, the Software Engineer, Digital Orthopedic Surgery will:
- Collaborate with software development team members to prototype, design, and implement innovative software solutions.
- Collaborate with various cross-functional team members (electrical, optics, mechanical, research, regulatory, quality, marketing, clinical, manufacturing, etc.) from initial product concept thru final product launch.
- Develop/implement and document software requirements, code, and unit testing
- Test and troubleshoot software and provide solutions or investigate alternative design options
- Support software builds for evaluation for human factors evaluation and verification and validation for R&D and clinical studies
- Support V&V test protocol generation, execution and report release
- Execute engineering studies to test early concepts
- Investigate and refactor existing software/architecture
- Drive innovation of product improvements or next generation products
- Work with global development teams to deliver a novel digital surgical platform and surgical tools.
- Leading design activities for complex electro-mechanical surgical devices. Integrating the work of multiple technical disciplines and technologies.
- Demonstrate superb oral and written communication skills, collaborating as part of a team, working seamlessly with team members across various global locations.
- Lead integration of subsystems in accordance with program requirements.
- Enthusiastically resolve and lead other resources as necessary to perform systems engineering activities while minimizing impact to the program.
- Ensure adequate modularity by defining technical interface boundaries between complex subsystems and products, enabling future platforms growth.
- Work with technical leadership within traditional systems engineering functions by providing active technical engagement within requirements, capture, decomposition, trace management, verification, validation, risk management, issue tracking and others.
- The candidate must have demonstrated collaboration and communication skills in both team and management review environments. He/she must be able to effectively navigate in a matrix organization and leverage relationships with key business stakeholders to deliver tangible results, communicate needs and issues to drive customer-focused solutions. To ensure timely execution of project objectives, the candidate must have strong problem-solving skills and initiative and the ability to provide efficient escalation of issues to the appropriate accountable party.
- The candidate must have demonstrated successful experience with project or program management and be able to lead team and influence others, including the ability to function in a multi-cultural global environment. The candidate must have strong data analysis skills and capability to provide clear presentation of data.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or other Engineering discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years’ professional experience (not including co-op, internship and research) in New Product Development, SDLC
- Min of 2+ years of software application development in C++ and C# on the Windows platform
- Knowledgeable in at least two of the three areas: hardware control, user interface, threading, enterprise systems
- Experience developing software for complex hardware systems
- Familiar with development in a regulated industry (medical, FAA, or similar)
- MS Computer Science/Engineering preferred or other engineering discipline
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Bitbucket)
- Experience in product design
- Experience developing real-time software for embedded systems
- Project management skills, including the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks / projects.
- Experience in GUI and multi-threaded embedded software interface and synchronization mechanisms.
United States-Rhode Island-Providence
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)