Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Analyst, Payroll Services (1 of 3)
Requisition ID: 5637190128
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Sr. Analyst, Payroll Services, within the Johnson & Johnson Global Services organization. The position will be based in Tampa, FL.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.” There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila, Suzhou, Prague, Bogota and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As a senior-level contributor and subject matter expert, you will perform tasks related to analysis, execution, and support of Payroll Services working with the various operating companies to be aware of potential payroll-impacting business changes, assist with specific payroll activities (e.g., final pay, severance, STD, LTD, manual checks), help resolve issues, and relay/clarify communications. The Sr. Analyst, Payroll Services will maintain the utmost confidentiality in dealing with employee records and business information. You will lead the development and delivery of Payroll Services process training. Sr. Analysts assist manager with organizing tasks and reviewing the work of Analysts and Coordinators. Sr. Analysts are required to work independently and will assist in specialized assignments. As a member of the Payroll Services Team, you will ensure that deliverables meet or exceed individual objectives, adhere to payroll goals, and align with service center strategies.
- Lead and support changes and perform transactions to base pay related to actions such as disability and leaves, work schedule changes, new hires, employee movement, separations (final pay, severance), organization changes (e.g., M&A), job and pay changes, and one-time payment requests. Typically works on more complicated and/or sensitive transactions.
- Review and validate Analyst or Coordinator transactions.
- Process time and attendance data.
- Analyze and perform pre-run audits, reconciliations, base-to-base calculations, off-cycle requests, retroactive requests, and corrections.
- Ensure the preparation and processing of manual checks.
- Perform gross-to-gross (G2G) reconciliations and assist with payroll audits/Validations.
- Review, analyze, and reconcile payroll and other payroll related data according to established timelines, standards, and procedures. Examine and verify payroll related data for accuracy and consistency.
- Handle complex and/or sensitive payroll requests and issues related to processing.
- Oversee and ensure Payroll deadlines are met and according to Payroll Services procedures.
- Ensure all company, federal, state, local, and other applicable compliance requirements are met.
- Ensure payroll is executed in accordance with SOX controls at all times.
- Create reports of activities and findings to document results and review with the manager.
- Analyze financial data and provide input to the payroll manager.
- Document and review payroll operations procedures. Work with the manager and Service Center Documentation team to contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of documentation (e.g., Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions) to ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date depiction of processes. Partner with the Manager to assure version control, retention, and inventory of associated documentation.
- Assist Payroll Analysts/Coordinators with day-to-day execution of duties and guide them regarding proper procedures, policies, and requirements. May review and “sign off” on Coordinator transactions.
- Assist the manager with day-to-day task planning and special projects.
- Assure understanding of broader Payroll strategies.
- Review, follow, and provide input to Payroll team objectives.
- Provide ideas, solutions, and tools to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Payroll Services. Monitor results to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assist in the development, reporting, and review of metrics to drive performance, identify trends, and develop/implement process improvements, escalating issues and proposed solutions as appropriate.
- Assist the manager with capturing and responding to escalated issues, policies, and procedures from government agencies, payroll functions, and the operating companies.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor/manager, team members, and appropriate stakeholders regarding task or project status and opportunities to improve service levels or processes.
- Escalate issues as appropriate to ensure quality service levels.
- Lead, participate in and support departmental initiatives.
- Seek feedback, continuously learn, and take advantage of opportunities to improve knowledge, skill, and experience.
- Assist others where possible for the good of the team and department.
- Adhere to company, department, and team standards of professionalism and protocol.
- Assure that behavior complies with the J&J credo and supports a positive work environment.
- Mentor and guide Payroll Analysts/Coordinators.
- Provide or share garnishment knowledge across the organization.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of progressive payroll experience is required.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in a large multi-state company as a payroll analyst is preferred.
- Experience in a shared service center environment is preferred.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of payroll processes, procedures, controls, regulations, and compliance requirements are required.
- Significant analytical and problem-solving skills are required. Attention to detail a must.
- A sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution and an ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines are required.
- Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and sensitivity to compliance-related matters.
- Ability to influence others, identify problems and recommend a course of action is required.
- Experience working on daily tasks in conjunction with project work is required.
- Able to process complex information and identify solutions that meet both internal and business partner requirements are required.
- Ability to handle ambiguous situations, demonstrating a pragmatic approach is required.
- Ability to excel in a team-based environment, demonstrating customer service and teamwork.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully work with stakeholders and colleagues to contribute ideas, identify opportunities, and contribute to positive outcomes.
- Knowledge of standard business practices and professionalism in a customer service environment are essential.
- Experience working through conflict to reach a successful resolution is required.
- Proven ability to disseminate knowledge and techniques. Proven track record for streamlining and improving process efficiencies is required.
- Experience providing feedback to help others understand the rationale of desired outcomes and standards is required.
- Experience with an ERP system is required; payroll module of SAP is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)