Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist II, Exploratory Biology
Requisition ID: 5634180629
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting an Associate Scientist II in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Associate Scientist II candidate will join the Exploratory Biology group within Biologics Discovery to support all therapeutic areas (TA) at Janssen Biotherapeutics (JBIO). This person will be part of a team validating novel targets and drug concepts in support of pre-clinical and early clinical research. As an Associate Scientist II responsibility will include: assay development for in vitro pharmacology and target validation, literature search on various assay formats, design and execution of experiments, data interpretation, and record compilation to support the needs of various projects in functional assays. Experience in flow cytometry, primary cell isolation, cell culture, functional assays is required. The successful candidate needs to have a strong ability to connect with other colleagues in JBIO and TA partners in a collaborative environment.
Primary responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Perform literature research, design, perform and interpret in vitro and ex vivo experiments to validate targets and novel drug concepts
- Relevant assays and skills include: cellular cytotoxicity, signaling reporter assays, cell proliferation, tumor growth inhibition, flow cytometry, immune cell isolation from whole blood or tissues, cell culture, ADCC, CDC, transfection and cloning of stable cell lines. Troubleshoot where necessary
- Analyze and present data in professional 'publication ready' format
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and manage multiple experiments simultaneously
- Keep up-to-date with the literature in his/her field
- This person will be expected to present scientific results to multidisciplinary teams
- Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication
- Bachelor’s Degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, or a related discipline with 5 years of experience OR Master’s Degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, or a related discipline with 2 years of experience is required
- Experience in multi-color flow cytometry is required
- Experience in cell-based functional assays is required
- Experience in cell sorting preferred
- Experience in antibody generation preferred
- Experience working in industry is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)