Johnson & Johnson Vision is recruiting for an Manager, Business Technology Leader, Commercial located in Santa Ana, California.
At Johnson & Johnson Vision, we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life—to help people see better, connect better and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good, and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere. Visit us at www.jjvision.com. Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn.
The Business Technology Leader position requires a leader who can combine Information Technology (IT) expertise with knowledge of the healthcare environment to lead groundbreaking change and accelerate business value.
The role requires active engagement and partnership with Surgical Vision Commercial Leadership to shape new business model offerings while driving IT enablement of the business. The candidate must build strong collaborative partnerships with business leaders across the business and J&J Technology.
A successful candidate will be able to think strategically as they explore various business problems, define the value propositions, and experiment with users to build the right product.
- Coordinating, defining and executing a global Technology Strategy for Surgical Vision Worldwide in Commercial (e.g. marketing, sales, eCommerce, analytics).
- Governance and prioritization of the global commercial processes, and management of the global Surgical Vision Commercial IT budget.
- Work with business partners to define technology strategy.
- Act as owner of strategic and financial portfolio.
- Track business value realization, with a strong focus on measuring outcomes.
- Be a change agent that drives digital transformation.
- Measure on leading business indicators that show progress towards outcomes.
- Work closely with Technology Solution Lead, Business Product Owners, business partners, Enterprise Architects, and Product Lines to deliver capabilities that produce business outcomes.
- Identify business process improvements.
- Understand competitive landscape and how competitors use technology.
- Align with Business Partners to explore problems that drive value.
- Pull in appropriate SMEs, Architecture, and Security counterparts to shape initiatives.
- Test concepts through experimentation before the solution is built.
- Act as Agile, Lean UX coach leading the implementation of agile, lean startup and design thinking principles for the organization.
- Identifies new capabilities to enable effective and efficient Commercial processes by continuously exploring the external marketplace for technologies, ideas and practices.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience with at least 3 years in a similar role.
- A minimum of 3 years managing a technology investment portfolio of $10M annually or more.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to senior business partners, as well as business concepts to technologists
- Experience driving business outcomes through technology and data
- Master's degree
- Experience applying Agile, lean startup and/or design thinking principles
- Previous experience as a manager or people manager
- Demonstrate strength in partnering with stakeholders to generate mutually beneficial, long-term opportunities and negotiating win-win outcomes
- Proven experience in examining issues, crafting strategy and influencing effectively across the organization
- Demonstrated ability to improve organizational performance through the application of original thinking to existing and emerging methods, processes, products and services
- Employs sound judgment in figuring out how innovations will be deployed to produce business outcomes
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Santa Ana-
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision, Inc (6234)