Johnson & Johnson Careers
Payroll Analyst, Business Specialist (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 5625190128
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for an Analyst, Payroll Services, within the Johnson & Johnson Global Services organization. The position will be based in Tampa, FL.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA. Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.”
There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila, Suzhou, Prague, Bogota and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As Analyst, Payroll Specialist you will perform tasks related to analysis, execution, and support of payroll operations (e.g., payroll reporting, overpayments, table maintenance). Maintain the utmost confidentiality in dealing with employee records and business information. Assist with the development and delivery of payroll operations training. May assist the supervisor/manager with organizing tasks and reviewing the work of Coordinators. Required to work independently and may assist in specialized assignments. Ensure that deliverables meet or exceed individual objectives, adhere to payroll goals, and align with service center strategies.
- Perform payroll transactions related to acquisitions, overpayments, global mobility, moving & relocation, benefits, and leave administration.
- Support equity compensation and savings plan transactions and interfaces.
- Perform audits, reconciliations, interfaces, pay slip compliance, reporting, and fulfillment.
- Examine and verify payroll related data for accuracy and consistency.
- Maintain compliance with all company, federal, state, local, and other applicable requirements, including SOX compliance.
- May review and validate Coordinator transactions.
- Respond to complex queries received through the Payroll Customer Service Center, contact center, portal, or other channel.
- Validate reports of activities and findings to document results and review with the supervisor/manager.
- Analyze financial data and provide input to the payroll supervisor/manager.
- Document and review payroll operations procedures. Work with the supervisor/manager and Service Center Documentation team to contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of documentation (e.g., Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions) to ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date depiction of processes. Partner with the supervisor/manager to assure version control, retention, and inventory of associated documentation.
- Assist the supervisor/manager or supervisor with day-to-day task planning and special projects
- Assure understanding of broader Payroll Operations strategies.
- Review, follow, and provide input to payroll team objectives.
- Provide ideas, solutions, and tools to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Payroll Operations
- Assist in the development, reporting, and review of metrics to drive performance, identify trends, and develop/implement process improvements, escalating issues and proposed solutions as appropriate.
- Assist the supervisor/manager with capturing and responding to escalated issues, policies, and procedures from government agencies, payroll functions, and the operating companies.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor/manager, team members, and appropriate stakeholders regarding task or project status and opportunities to improve service levels or processes. Escalate issues as appropriate to ensure quality service levels.
- Participate in and support departmental initiatives.
- Seek feedback, continuously learn, and take advantage of opportunities to improve knowledge, skill, and experience. Monitor results to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assist others where possible for the good of the team and department. Adhere to company, department, and team standards of professionalism and protocol. Assure that behavior complies with the J&J credo and supports a positive work environment.
- Mentor and guide Payroll Coordinators.
- A Bachelors degree is required, finance, business or accounting preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of payroll related experience is required.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) is preferred.
- Previous experience in payroll, preferably for a large multi-state company as coordinator is preferred.
- Experience in a shared service center environment preferred.
- Basic understanding of payroll processes, procedures, controls, regulations, and compliance is required.
- Demonstrate a proficient understanding of payroll transactions related to acquisitions, global mobility, moving & relocation, benefits administration, leave administration, equity compensation, and savings plans. Experience with managing overpayments and payslip compliance.
- A sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution and an ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and meet deadlines is required.
- A high degree of confidentiality and sensitivity to compliance-related matters is required.
- Ability to influence others, identify problems, and recommend a course of action is required
- Significant analytical and problem-solving skills required. Attention to detail a must.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate with customers, peers, and vendors is required
- Experience working on day-to-day operations in conjunction with assigned project work is required.
- Ability to handle ambiguous cases, demonstrating a pragmatic approach is required.
- Proficient interpersonal skills and ability to successfully work with stakeholders and colleagues to contribute ideas, identify opportunities, and contribute to positive outcomes is required.
- Knowledge of standard business practices and professionalism in a customer service environment are essential.
- Ability to excel in a team-based environment, demonstrating customer service and teamwork.
- Demonstrate ability to disseminate knowledge and techniques.
- Experience providing feedback to help others understand the rationale of desired outcomes and standards is required.
- Experience with an ERP system required (payroll modules of SAP preferred).
- Experience with payroll applications and service providers desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft tools and applications is required.
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)