Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager – Category Lead Sales & Distributor Services
Requisition ID: 5616180629
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently hiring for a Senior Manager – Category Lead Sales & Distributor Services that will be located in either Horsham, PA or Titusville, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Manager-Category Lead will be responsible for leading a Procurement organization in support of approximately $400 million in spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies. This spend is highly complex and regulated in nature, and the role is highly visible and requires a close collaboration with key stakeholders within the business to execute. This individual will identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement goals and strategy. Plan and direct the organization’s activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence.
This role will provide Regional (US & Canada) Leadership for developing end-to-end category leadership such as category strategy development, maintaining key relationships within the business and managing key supplier relationships. The position must shape, connect and lead resources (both BU and GS Procurement, US and Canada) to deliver on key projects.
- Develop and drive the Procurement vision through the stakeholder community.
- Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for the Sales & Distributor category that will effectively meet the long-range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for J&J
- Interface directly with CEO’s and other supplier leadership to assure alignment of JNJ’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Understands operational considerations. Identifies business demand requirements and partners with Business Engagement Leads across NA Enterprise to deliver annual value improvements and drives competitive advantage.
- Develop strong and collaborative relationships with key internal stakeholders and business partners (Sales Leadership, Commercial Operations, HR, Finance, Legal)
- Understand long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning and partnering to ensure alignment
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
- Build and maintain relationships throughout JNJ that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurements goals and category strategies, based on deep subject matter expertise and an informal understanding of industry/market dynamics
- Work closely with Global Sales & Distributor Services team on category strategy and operational excellence
- Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
- Develop and execute Procurement strategies that are aligned with the business/sector needs
- Manage supplier relationships, communicate changes to category strategy, execute joint collaborative initiatives, and monitor supplier contract negotiations
- Ensure execution of category strategies to include: sourcing strategy execution, negotiations, contract implementation and performance against established targets
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of processes, policies, guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and Business Operating Principles
- Conduct performance reviews/serve as People Manager for Subordinate Leads
- Lead team meetings and provide updates to Global Procurement Leadership
- Manage & prioritize portfolio of Procurement segment (Pharm, MD&D and/or Consumer) specific initiatives
- Required Minimum Education: Bachelors
- Required Years of Related Experience: 8+ Years
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management and Supplier Management).
- Strong leadership, executive-level communication, influencing without authority, collaboration and talent development skills are required
- Ability to shape strategic business solutions through aligned partnerships
- Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary.
- Ability to show judgment in developing innovative approaches and resolving issues
- Customer Orientation (building and maintaining strong relationships with J&J senior Management
- Strong ability to set strategic direction
- Strong project and change management skills – related to external/competitive environmental changes
- Strong Business Acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
- Ability to continuously improve the organization
- 15% Type of Travel Required
- Required Years of People Management Experience
- Experienced professional with business experience in multiple roles across a variety of functional specialties including general management, R&D, Marketing, Supply Chain or a Technical field with at least 5+ years within a Procurement environment
- Strong level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, Category Management, Procurement Excellence, etc.)
- Strong level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community
- Strong influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, Sales, HR, Legal, Finance); has "presence"
- Strong people management and development skills
- Successfully lead cross-functional teams
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment, while ensuring the organization is able to effectively and efficiently move through transitions
North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)