Johnson & Johnson Careers
Logistics Associate (Multiple Openings)
Requisition ID: 5612180629
DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Logistics Associate located in Laurel, MD.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Johnson & Johnson Customer & Logistics Services (CLS) is a global Supply Chain organization that supports operating units across all of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. CLS strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through leading critical customer facing-functions such as distribution and transportation. In addition, CLS oversees critical business enablers, including how we gather and manage supply chain master data, safe and secure supply chain practices, product identification standards, and market/channel access capabilities. CLS supports all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson: Medical Device & Diagnostics, Pharmaceutical, and Consumer Products. This team is represented in multiple countries, and continues to grow globally in both visibility and responsibility. The CLS team reports to Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain and partners closely with groups throughout the supply chain organization.
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Logistics Associate performs a variety of inventory management, inspection, order picking, receiving, shipping and housekeeping tasks in accordance with defined job processes with a focus on safety and quality. This position will primarily focus on Joint Reconstruction loaner fulfillment operations. The Associate will interact with a Warehouse Control System to perform assigned functions, as well as comprehend and demonstrate compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions.
The Associate is responsible for providing constructive input to enhance the work process/environment by making suggestions and implementing process changes in coordination with the Operations Supervisor to ensure the achievement of Orthopedic Field Logistics objectives.
• Manage implant inventory including replenishments, National loaners, returns, asset tag maintenance and expired goods.
• Perform check in and putaway process for Joint Reconstruction products including: scanning inventory, completing inventory transfers, ordering replacement parts, and sorting mixed sets.
• Check in instrument sets to ensure all required instruments are present in set and order replacement parts when necessary.
• Provide general support to the operations including the assembly of new instrument sets.
• Receive in loose finished goods inventory and put to stock or match with appropriate sets.
• Complete shipping functions to include: issuing sets to customers, communicating incomplete set information to sales reps, assembling packing lists, and completing shipping manifest.
• Communicate with other company departments regarding product dispositions and potential problems.
• Perform housekeeping duties as directed to maintain a safe and clean working environment.
• Execute all safety policies, rules and regulations.
• Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
• Report all incidents/accidents/injuries immediately upon discovery to Supervisor/Safety Coordinator.
• Perform other duties as required.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
• A minimum of two (2) years of related work experience is required.
• Experience in warehouse operations, Orthopedic loaner operations or hospital sterile processing experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to function in a high volume Logistics operation is required.
• Demonstrated ability to execute transactions in an IT system (e.g. Warehouse Management System) is strongly preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to do simple math, count accurately with excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Demonstrated collaboration skills and the ability to contribute positively to the morale of the team is required.
• Demonstrated flexibility/sense of urgency (Takes direction and accomplishes tasks quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality) is required.
• Must have the ability to follow policies, SOPs, regulations and legal requirement knowledge.
• Demonstrated ability to produce according to established goals and standards is required.
• This position requires the ability to lift at least 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis, stand and/or walk on concrete floors 95% of the time, bend/twist/squat; perform repetitive tasks and be able to use all job-related equipment.
• Must have current, valid state driver’s license and proof of insurance coverage that at least meets current residence’s state minimum requirements.
• This position is located in Laurel, MD and requires a daily commute Monday - Friday for the 1st shift working hours of 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM with overtime and weekends as required.
• This position may require up to 5% domestic local travel.
DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc. (6032)
Materials Management & Distribution