Johnson & Johnson Careers
QA Technician 1 - 2nd shift
Requisition ID: 5609180629
DePuy Synthes, companies of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Quality Technician 1, located in Bridgewater, Massachusetts.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Summary: The Quality Technician 1 is responsible for ensuring company products comply with internal and external specifications by performing a variety of routine and non-routine inspections and evaluations. This includes activities related to Inspection and Testing, Batch Release and Records Management, First Article Inspection, and CMM.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applies principles of Good Documentation Practices.
- Provides assistance in validation activities.
- Executes assigned NR actions within the applicable software application.
- Provides metrics and updates on executions.
- Maintains training records up-to-date.
- Perform document change management as per local procedures.
- Use of computer-based applications to manage:
- Batch records
- Down time
- Inspection equipment
- Inventory equipment
Inspection and Testing
- Performs routine product inspections and analyses, generally of finished goods, components, incoming materials, materials prior to be sent to external service suppliers, or new products, by observing, measuring and recording data.
- Utilization of blue print reading skills daily.
- Compares inspection results to defined requirements or specifications and documents differences found. Compiles and inputs data into router, log book and/or computer databases and documents findings.
- Consults with more experienced personnel to confirm presence of non-conformances and subsequent product disposition.
- Provides external service suppliers with appropriate gages for calibration.
- Has general awareness of GD&T principles.
- Support broader quality efforts to assess impacted stock inventories (e.g. stock audits, stop shipments).
Batch Release and Records Management
- Audits batch records to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ensures batch records are complete and accurate, with all NC’s dispositioned prior to release.
- Identifies, records and reports on batch non- conformances and product holds.
- Stores and maintains batch files either physically or electronically based on established guidelines.
First Article Inspection
- Performs (moderately) complex tests and analyses to assure that products comply with established specifications.
- Carries out (difficult) calculations and prepares documentation that shows the results of tests performed.
Automated inspection equipment
- Operates automated equipment to inspect product per inspection program (e.g. CMM).
- A minimum of a High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Requires 1-2 year’s related experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required.
- Understanding of basic inspection methodology is required.
- Quality-oriented mindset
- Team environment; collaboration
- Service Oriented
- Excellent written, oral communication, organization and computer skills required.
The position will be second shift 3:15pm -11:45pm Monday-Friday.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)