Johnson & Johnson Careers
Project Manager, R&D Spine
Requisition ID: 5607180309
DePuy Synthes, Inc, part of the Global Orthopaedics Group within Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is recruiting for a Senior Project Manager R&D Spine to be located in Raynham, MA and may require up to 10% travel
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance surgical outcomes and patient care.
The Senior Project Manager will specialize in new product development, processes and metrics and be responsible for all project management aspects of a project. You will be leading the cross-functional project team through all phases of the product development process and collaborating with the technical lead on planning and executing projects or portions of a project through product launch, commercialization, and post market surveillance. You will participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or Chief Compliance Officer. You will also be expected to develop a working knowledge of our product lines and various spinal pathologies.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop and maintain project plans.
- Create, monitor and analyze project risks and identify mitigation strategies.
- Be responsible for all project communications to all cross-functional project stakeholders, which may include: project websites, meeting minutes, status reports, presentations, and any other detailed project information needed.
- Be main point of contact for all internal stakeholders (manufacturing, accounting, purchasing, sterilization, packaging, regulatory, quality, clinical, etc.) regarding project activities.
- Work with project team to identify and address critical path or road block issues.
- Define and manage key project constraints such as scope, schedule, budget, and resources.
- Ensure project plans and deliverables are compliant with appropriate design control procedures and any other applicable procedures and/or regulations.
- Be the liaison with group manager or stakeholder managers as needed to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to the job and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related field is required.
- A minimum 5 years’ relevant experience is required.
- Experience managing projects is required.
- Experience in product development, from early development through launch is highly preferred.
- PMP Certification is preferred.
- Experience in the medical device industry is preferred.
- Proficiency in the following project management knowledge areas: effective collaboration, integration, scope, time, cost, quality, resourcing, communication, risk and procurement are highly preferred.
- Experience managing geographically dispersed teams is preferred.
- Developed leadership capabilities and negotiation skills, as well as developed communication skills to effectively assimilate and communicate complex information from multiple sources is required.
- Ability to recognize and lead the resolution of project issues and road blocks is also required.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are required.
- Proficiency utilizing the MS Office Suite (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
- Familiarity with project lifecycle management (PLM) software is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)