Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist I, Assay Development - San Diego, CA
Requisition ID: 5603190524
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Scientist I, Assay Development located in San Diego, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Screening department within Lead Discovery is growing with both new positions and capital investment. The department is responsible for the delivery of small-molecule qualified hits for the initiation of hit-to-lead programs within the Therapeutic Areas. Major activities include assay development, screening, and pharmacological profiling. The Screening Team collaborates closely with Janssen Therapeutic Areas and functional teams, the Innovation Centers, and external collaborators in academia and industry. We seek individuals with a strong ability to connect key stake holders for the delivery of goals and objectives, fostering an environment of collaboration, collegiality and positive communication, and who show superior performance in the context of a multidisciplinary, geographically disperse team.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Learn and apply early drug discovery approaches in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Collaborate extensively with program teams to identify the most promising compounds in early Hit-to-Lead programs.
- Develop innovative cellular or biochemical approaches to high-throughput screening (HTS) and hit triage as part of the early stages of drug discovery.
- Analyze data and present results via PowerPoint presentations.
- Attend and present data at in-house seminars and external scientific conferences.
- Publish research in high-quality journals, as appropriate.
- A MS degree with 1-3 years of experience, OR a Bachelors degree with 2-4 years of experience in biochemistry, cell biology, pharmacology or related fields is required.
- Experience using high content imaging and/or flow cytometry is required.
- Significant experience using state-of-the-art cell-based assay development techniques is required. (Examples may include handling of primary cells and/or induced pluripotent stem cells and generation of stable cell lines from construct design to functional clone selection.)
- Experience with general molecular biology and biochemistry techniques is required.
- Experience in handling 384 or higher density format assays is preferred.
- Excellent written communication, verbal communication, and oral presentation skills are required.
- Experience in cardiovascular, immunology, infectious diseases, neuroscience and/or oncology therapeutic areas is preferred.
- This role is based in La Jolla, CA and may require up to 10% of domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)