Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Packaging Engineer (J&J Consumer) ~ Los Angeles CA
Requisition ID: 5591180701
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company is recruiting for a Senior Packaging Engineer. This position will be located in Los Angeles, CA
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. develops and markets baby care, wound care and skin care products that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON’S® Baby and BAND-AID® Brand, as well as leading skin care brands such as NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® and CLEAN & CLEAR®.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Packaging Engineer is responsible for: Leading development of new packages for the Beauty franchise. The individual will be responsible for all required specifications, documentation, package line trials and package testing to support product release. The individual will be required to take a leadership role with packaging projects and possess the ability to influence and interface with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging, Engineering or a related Science discipline is required.
- Advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of five (5) years of related experience is required.
- Professional experience in Beauty, Cosmetic/Personal Care, OTC, Food or related industry is highly preferred.
- Make-up Cosmetic package development experience is strongly preferred.
- Must have in depth knowledge of one or more of the following materials and processes used in construction and manufacturing of cosmetic packaging:
- Extrusion/ Injection molding
- Dispensing systems (airless, pumps)
- Custom Compact design
- Propel/ Repel Mechanism
- Solid understanding of a broad spectrum of packaging materials, structures, components, and related conversion processes is required.
- Experience in packaging line trials and package testing is required.
- Ability to partner and lead effectively across functions and functional levels is required.
- Technical Leadership skills are required.
- Project Management skills are required.
- Ability to manage multiple rapidly changing priorities with minimal supervision is required;
- Strong technical writing/documentation skills are preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, identify root causes, draw conclusions and generate reports that present sound data driven conclusions is preferred.
- A strong focus on sustainability and eComm packaging is required for this role.
- This position may require up to 20% travel (primarily domestic and some potential international).
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Los Angeles
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)