Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Scientist, Data Sciences
Raritan, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 5587180309
Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Scientist, Data Sciences located in Raritan, NJ, Spring House, PA or Titusville, NJ with up to 15% domestic travel.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson, provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), cardiovascular disease, general medicine (acid reflux disease, infectious diseases), mental health (bipolar I disorder, schizophrenia), neurologics (Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy, migraine prevention and treatment), pain management, and women’s health. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com/
The Data Sciences department within Janssen Pharmaceuticals is looking for an outstanding Scientist who is interested in designing, developing, and fielding data mining solutions that have direct impact to Patients and Janssen. Our department spans across the entire value chain at Janssen Pharmaceuticals from discovery to after launch. This will enable the scientist to work with various business units to help identify viable data mining opportunities and then conceive, develop and implement end to end data analytical solutions. There are many ways to explore and analyze data, and this drives the excitement and passion of data scientists at Janssen as many business units are eager to leverage the data to create business value. The Scientist will be someone who stays on the cutting edge of data mining research by doing novel research to influence decisions at various levels in the organization. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing data mining algorithms and creativity to invent and customize when necessary. The Scientist, Data Sciences will be part of a dynamic, accomplished informatics team that will support multiple R&D therapeutic areas in the discovery and development of innovative medicines.
The Scientist will partner with colleagues in research and informatics to develop, implement, and apply state-of-the art scientific algorithms and methods for R&D teams. Will invent and implement creative solutions that go beyond current tools to deliver best solutions to the problems. Will participate in project teams, elicit needs, and act in a primary role as a trusted primary business and scientific partner. Will conceive and develop end to end data mining solutions to support Janssen’s business units and initiatives.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Advanced degree (PhD or MD) with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience OR a Master’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Computer Sciences, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics is required.
- Strong understanding of drug discovery and development processes is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of data mining algorithms including machine learning techniques such as decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, regression, neural networks, Bayesian models is required.
- Familiarity with large datasets, handling of healthcare relevant datasets and understanding of data analysis workflows is required.
- Proficient with one or more programming language such as .net, Java, Perl, C++, or Python is required.
- Experience with informatics, analysis and visualization software/tools such as R, MatLab, SAS, Spotfire, Pipeline Pilot or other analytical tools is required.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)