Johnson & Johnson Careers
Business Excellence Manager
Requisition ID: 5575180701
Ethicon, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Business Excellence Manager located in Cornelia or Athens, GA.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As a Business Excellence Manager you will be under the direction of the BE Sr. Manager and will support all aspects of the Business Excellence deployment for Ethicon in the Gerogia Campus including Implementing key business improvement initiatives at the site. Leads, analyzes, designs, and improves business processes by enlisting and influencing cross functional teams delivering tangible business results through the application of Six Sigma and Lean principles, methodologies and tools.
• Leads Project Portfolio Management Team, ensuring projects are developed in a way that “add up” towards achieving the organization goals. In terms of prioritization, resource allocation, performance measurement and change management plans.
• Develops and implements Business Excellence Training programs amongst others, and facilitates organizational learning in partnership with the J&J Academy. Certify/ Re-certify appropriate number of Business Excellence Belts based on project needs.
• Lead plant level improvement projects including Operational Excellence from E2E and cost reduction initiatives.
• Sustains business improvement results through the application and coaching to the different levels of the organization, of Lean, Six Sigma and other continuous improvement methodologies.
• Serve as Change Management champion for the sites to drive business results and sustain outcomes by driving organizational alignment through the Change Integration Process.
• Responsible for quantitative project result verification as well as verifying control plan implementation for all projects completed.
• Supports the Site/functional staff to translate strategic imperatives into specific projects, measures, and timelines that will drive execution. Create and maintain the Site/Function Strategic Imperative Translation, and monthly scorecard.
• Leverages knowledge of manufacturing principles and product costs and drivers to champion the Cost Improvement Program for the site.
• Collaborate and partner with stakeholders across multiple functions.
• Offers guidance and coaches BE Engineers and COOP students as needed.
• Comply with all job specific safety procedures and utilize PPE when necessary.
• Comply with quality system requirements as defined within procedures and instructions
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Business, Science or Engineering.
• An Advanced Degree in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Management, Operations Research, Applied Statistics/ Mathematics or Quality Engineering is preferred.
• A minimum of eight (8) years of applicable business experience is required.
• A minimum of three (3) years in a process improvement environment is required.
• A Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification is preferred
• Proven Change Management skills is preferred.
• Prior Project Management experience is preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication, negotiating and Problem-solving/decision-making skills is required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Toolset including (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required
• Experience using software application(s) such as Instantis is preferred.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and ability to self-manage in a complex/ time sensitive environment is required.
• Prior experience effectively working through periods of change, ambiguity and complexity is required.
• Experience thriving in a collaborate work environment is required.
• This position is located in Cornelia or Athens, GA and may require up to 10% travel.
North America-United States-Georgia-Athens
Ethicon Inc. (6045)