Johnson & Johnson Careers
STAFF MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Requisition ID: 5573180701
Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) have a devastating personal and economic impact, claiming the lives of 99,000 people in the U.S. each year at a cost of up to $45 billion. Ensuring that all surgical devices are properly sterilized is one way healthcare workers can help reduce the incidences of HAIs, and Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP) has been partnering with hospitals for decades to safeguard patient health and safety. ASP has a strong track record of designing and delivering innovative infection-prevention solutions, from low-temperature sterilization to high-level disinfection, and is a global market leader setting the standard in sterilization.
Johnson & Johnson announced that it has received a binding offer from Fortive Corporation to acquire Advanced Sterilization Products(ASP). If the offer is accepted, the proposed transaction would be expected to close no later than early 2019, subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals. Should you receive and accept an offer for this position, upon completion of the transaction, your employment with ASP will transfer to Fortive according to local law and will be governed by Fortive’s employment processes, programs, policies and benefits plans.
ASP is seeking a Staff Mechanical Engineer located in Irvine, CA.
The Staff Mechanical Engineer will:
- Deliver and drive results by participating in new product development projects either as a team member or work stream leader focused on mechanical centric design and development
- Connects by demonstrating strong collaboration with cross functional team members to ensure alignment and influencing of design concepts, design inputs, design outputs, and design verification
- Provides strong technical leadership on assigned projects to deliver design concepts, design characterization, design inputs, design outputs, and design verification using sound engineering principles and expertise
- BS in Mechanical Engineering is required; Advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 8 years of work related experience in new product development in a highly regulated industry required
- A minimum of 6+ years of CAD design experience required; SolidWorks preferred
- Effective communication to cross functional team required
- Structural and thermal analysis via software tool and manual calculations highly preferred
- Design experience for plastics highly preferred
- GD&T working knowledge highly preferred
- Medical device product development experience highly preferred
- Fluidic Systems experience highly preferred
- Sterilization and/or disinfection experience a plus
ASP Services, Inc. (6000)