Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, PK/PD Biologics Development Sciences
Requisition ID: 5552190605
Janssen Research & Development, a Johnson & Johnson Company is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, PK/PD Biologics Development Sciences to be located in Spring House, PA
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care across Therapeutic Areas. Please visit http://www.janssenbiotech.com/for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Scientist primarily leads and/or supports preclinical and early clinical development of therapeutic biologics across all Therapeutic Areas. As a key player of the BDS team within Janssen BioTherapeutics (JBio), the position will address critical PK and PK/PD related questions, using both experimental and computational tools to enable time-appropriate decision-making for early stage biologic programs. The responsibilities of this position also include being a JBio program leader, active participation on pertinent Compound Development Teams (CDTs) and other project teams across all phases of drug research and development.
The scope of this exciting position encompasses:
- Determination and design of critical path experiments and delivers high quality results that advance projects
- Development of fit-for-purpose modeling and simulation (eg, mechanism-based, quantitative systems pharmacology) to guide target selection, drug design/discovery, candidate selection, rational human dose projection for first-in-human studies Drive for innovation by identifying critical knowledge gaps and leveraging internal/external expertise to address these gaps
- Representation of BDS in cross-functional project teams
- Contribution to relevant sections of internal and regulatory submission documents for biologics
- Presenting and publishing scientific data at conferences and in peer-reviewed journals
- A PhD or Pharm D in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Clinical Pharmacology, Bioengineering, Chemical engineering or Biological Sciences with at least 3 years of relevant experiences (eg, postdoc, industry) post graduation is required
- Extensive experience with quantitative approach in describing PK/PD systems using preclinical and/or clinical data and demonstrated ability to apply quantitative tools to enable rational and efficient drug development are required
- Proficiency in WinNonlin/Phoenix is preferred; NONMEM and/or other modeling and simulation software (eg, Matlab, Monolix) is required
- Broad experience in mechanism-based PK/PD research of biologic therapeutics is strongly preferred
- Experience in biologics and/or small molecules drug development is preferred
- A strong publication record required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)