Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Director, Non-Clinical Safety Scientific Operations
Requisition ID: 5526190523
Janssen is actively recruiting for a Sr. Director, Global Nonclinical Safety Science Operations to be located in Spring House, PA.
The Senior Director, Global Nonclinical Safety (NCS) Science Operations leads the science operations, staff engagement, and partnership planning aspects of NCS which enables scientific excellence within NCS by transforming operational process and data into business insights, maximizing synergies across NCS and Discovery, Product Development, and Supply (DPDS). This is a critical role that will be responsible for developing, executing, and delivering NCS long term strategic objectives (such as portfolio innovation, NCS Global Engagement).
In partnership with the Nonclinical Safety (NCS) Global Leadership team, this role will be responsible for leading through the development of an overarching NCS scientific operations and staff engagement strategy supported by a continuous improvement framework and change management. This role will be responsible for the development of scientific business analytics and business case proposals, capacity planning, process improvement/efficiency proposals, development of partnership strategies (internal Janssen R&D and external), and in staff development and engagement strategies. The ability to both challenge current paradigms with creative, out of the box thinking in matrixed team, as well as to develop new more efficient processes, that enable NCS to continue to drive scientific innovation and increased efficiency in execution and delivery of the portfolio will be critical.
- Develop strategic framework and execution of key scientific and business operations, partnership, and engagement initiatives to deliver NCS long term goals and objectives, (rolling 3-year plan)
- Partners with other R&D and DPDS partners to assure appropriate cross-functional operating framework that drives scientific synergies and operational efficiency with specific emphasis on facility and capital and operating network related to NCS laboratory functions.
- Lead business transformation efforts; establish and provide cross-functional continuous improvement framework and lead projects to drive NCS operational efficiency. Identifies inefficient processes and transforms them with more efficient, compliant processes.
- Plans and leads NCS GLT strategic and operating or other meetings to maximize team effectiveness
- Provides a framework for assuring optimal operating governance with outsource/external partners (playbook for assay development, production). Partners as needed with NCS Global Toxicology Operations team to drive Portfolio, Forecasting & Analytics strategy which develops, consolidates and provides portfolio costing, and provide value statements, cost of ownership models, etc
- Closely work with the Finance, PMO and Procurement organizations and NCS functions to assure delivery and execution of scientific outputs that are integral to discovery and development programs. NCS lead on long range financial plan with finance lead.
- Leads and supports development of data science and external innovation strategies with other NCS subject matter experts
- Serves as coordinator for NCS staff change management and engagement strategy, continuous improvement projects that promotes individual development, team development, development of institutional knowledge and best practices for leveraging the entire NCS network in an optimal manner.
- A minimum of a BS degree in biological science is required.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience combined in both laboratory sciences and operations in pharma R&D is required
- Knowledge of nonclinical sciences and business skills are required
- Strong organizational skills related to data management are required
- Proven leadership in complex initiatives is required
- Demonstrated success at developing highly collaborative and effective relationships in complex, highly matrixed organization is required
- Ability to present and commute to stakeholders
- Individual must have demonstrated experience and success with external partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead the execution of strategy and business transformation and initiatives is required
- Change management experience is also required
- Experience in assessing technology, external environment & R&D process requirements to successfully drive operational productivity, strategy optimization, process improvements and efficiencies is required
- Experience with Program, Project and Financial Management is required
- Ability to translate data into information and strategies into executable action plans
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)