Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Software Engineer (LabVIEW), Enabling Technologies
Requisition ID: 5525180629
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for Staff Software Engineer (LabVIEW), Enabling Technologies to be located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Staff Software Engineer (LabVIEW), Enabling Technologies will report to the Group Manager of Enabling Technologies. In this newly created position, the Software Engineer will translate product requirements into equipment software requirements and develop code related to functionality, data collection, GUI, testing or software verification and validation. Interface with equipment integrators for reviewing software requirements and design, control of source code, reviewing code, configuration management, change management, program testing, integration of software, and release management process.
The candidate will exercise independent judgment in evaluating and developing innovative software solutions by studying medical information needs; conferring with surgeon customers; studying systems flow, data usage, and surgical flow and processes. The software engineer will design innovative software applications for diagnosis, imaging, tissue navigation and for minimal invasive surgical procedures; occasionally lead cross-functional project teams to commercialize products and help to improve or establish design and engineering best practices.
Working knowledge of areas like computational science, software engineering, human computer interface, and graphics are useful; but the Engineer will be on a team with other members having expertise in these related areas. The candidate should ideally have some fundamental knowledge base in imaging techniques, although the emphasis in this position is on broad expertise in applied computer sciences as a member of a larger team, complimented by others who have true expertise in Spine treatment.
- Create a custom LabVIEW code to control medical devices and related applications
- Coordinate and participate in the design and development of software and system requirements, software architectures for intraoperative tissue structure detection.
- Develop innovative software solutions for devices related to diagnosis, tissue mapping and tissues navigation.
- Coordinate, review and approve software documentation created by external partners, including product requirements, schematics, code, verification and validation test protocols and reports. Plan and execute design verification and validation activities.
- Fulfill design control requirements including the creation of configuration management plans, detailed electrical/software specifications, system integration requirements, detailed design files, design verification and validation test plans and quality assurance risk management, DHF, protocols, and reports in accordance with company procedures, FDA and ISO guidelines. – Quality is key
- Generate and manage timelines, resources, and budgets for completion of assigned projects.
- Lead in identification and subsequent interactions and development activities with External partners who bring essential synergistic technologies and capabilities.
- Provide technical leadership to project teams from charter to launch for highly complex products.
- Execute complex, multi-disciplinary technical projects; develops corresponding patent strategies. Works with in-house teams, cross J&J teams, and external collaborators including companies and consultants to align technical project strategies with the regulatory, preclinical, and clinical strategies to meet business objectives.
- A minimum of 3 years of LabVIEW system design and programming is required
- Experience with C/C++ preferred.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering or related discipline along with a minimum of 6 years of experience is required.
- If you hold a Master’s Degree and 4 years of experience and/or a PhD and 2 years of industry/professional experience you may also be considered for this role.
- Hands on experience with SW/HW testing and debugging is preferred.
- Experience with medical device industry is preferred.
- Proven track record of accomplishments in software innovation and product development setting is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multiple functions and expertise in building and maintaining relationships with internal / external stakeholders is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis is required.
- Ability to design, implement, and test software in an environment of rapidly evolving requirements is preferred.
- Experience developing full stack software is preferred: UI, business logic, back-end
- Experience with at least 3 of the 8 competencies below is required:
- Software quality assurance
- Software solutions
- General medical devices
- Previous experience with product development from concept to commercial launch is preferred.
- Familiarity with the FDA/ISO 62304 requirements & standards, approval process and pathways is preferred.
- Position requires up to 10% travel including international and is based in Raynham, MA.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)