Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Specialist, Supplier Contracting SVCS
Requisition ID: 5509190125
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Sr. Specialist, Supplier Contracting SVCS within the Johnson & Johnson Global Services organization located in Titusville, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.” There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila, Suzhou, Prague, Bogota and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs.
Sr. Specialist, Supplier Contracting SVCS is responsible for managing the contract execution process, from receipt of the contract request through supplier signature, including interfacing with the business partner (internal and external customers) for such activities as initial proposal discussion and Q&A for low and medium risk agreements. In addition, you will be responsible for performing review of contract requests, gathering any additional required information, choosing and populating appropriate templates, driving supplier negotiations, managing redlines/contract draft versions, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures in processing contract requests and engaging the appropriate support as needed. You will develop strong, value-added working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers and demonstrate sound management of assigned contracts. The types of contracts they will process, with appropriate supervision, include (but are not limited to) Master Services Agreements, consulting agreements, market research and outcomes research agreements, confidentiality agreements, certain licensing agreements and other general and HCC related agreements. The engagements will have financial impact that range from several thousand to several million dollars.
- Manage the contract execution process, from receipt of the contract request through supplier signature
- Identify and Implementing Continuous Improvement Activities
- Lead, manage, and or participate in various projects to help better the overall COE
- Participate in decision making exercises as well as manage and prioritize a high volume of complex business matters in a highly matrixed and team oriented environment
- Provide SME escalation support as needed and expertise to business partners and associated teams.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the contract preparation, review and negotiation process
- Collaborate with Contract Attorneys, Procurement, HCC, Finance, and other support organizations in order to accomplish this task
- Assist in establishing, maintaining, and training on processes for contract review and approval and other internal audit and HCC requirements
- Assist in developing business strategic initiatives, implementing process improvements and identifying solutions that resolve long cycle times as well as deviations to policies and associated activities
- Develop and / or supporting appropriate performance metrics for the team
- A Bachelor's Degree or Paralegal certificate with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in Commercial Contracting, sourcing or related business experience is required OR a minimum of nine (9) years of related business experience for those without a Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Juris Doctorate desired
- Experience in negotiating agreements with suppliers is required
- Basic contract formation, preparation, review and negotiation skills are required
- Ability to interpret basic contract provisions and determine acceptability consistent with company policy is required
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel are required, PowerPoint skills are preferred
- Possess strong team work skills such as relationship management, interpersonal, communication, negotiation, problem solving and organizational skills is required
- Experience in to leading and/or managing cross functional teams is preferred
- Ability to quickly and positively influence others is preferred
- A proven ability to deal tactfully and confidently with internal and external customers is required
- Ability coach and train others on contracting is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time domestically may be required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)