Johnson & Johnson Careers
Product Development Engineer (Knees)
Requisition ID: 5503180604
DePuy Synthes, Inc, part of the Global Orthopeadics Group within Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is recruiting for a Product Development Engineer (Knees) to be located in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Product Development Engineer (Knees) will be responsible for participating on cross-functional project teams through all phases of the product development process, planning and executing projects through product launch.
- Work closely with Marketing and our surgeon customers to define user needs
- Generate design concepts and prototypes, perform design evaluations (such as tolerance analysis, FEA, simulated use testing, etc.), create risk analysis documentation and support the development of product verification/validation plans and testing
- Work with Project Management to define timelines for development activities and provide regular updates on the status of those activities
- Work with manufacturing engineering and suppliers to optimize designs for manufacturability and then collaborate with Supply Chain partners to transfer those designs into the production environment
- Represent development on Project Core Teams and participate in team meetings
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of our product lines and detailed knowledge of various musculoskeletal pathologies
- Actively participate in sales training and provide product support to the field
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one’s job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by their supervisor or Chief Compliance Officer
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant engineering experience in a regulated environment is required.
- Engineering experience in medical devices, specifically orthopaedics is highly preferred.
- Experience with various types of mechanisms, materials, GD&T, drafting standards and CAD software is required.
- Demonstrated background in developing creative solutions to solve design problems is required.
- Experience working on a cross-functional, new product development team is required.
- Ability to interface effectively with project teams, management, and surgeons is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals, surgeons, customers and/or teams, and work effectively as a team member is required.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage a varied workload is required.
- Ability to review and critically assess patents and other forms of intellectual property is preferred.
- Proficiency utilizing the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is required.
- This position will be based in Warsaw, IN and may require up to 20% travel depending on business needs.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)