Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Tax Analyst
Requisition ID: 5492180629
Johnson & Johnson Inc. is hiring a Senior Tax Analyst located in Markham, ON.
Who We Are
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets.
Our Consumer business markets innovative products focused on skin and hair care, baby care, wound care, oral health and women’ health, as well as offers a range of well-known and trusted over-the-counter products. Our Pharmaceutical business (Janssen) is dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, metabolic and chronic diseases and women’s health. Our Medical business focuses on providing minimally invasive treatment options spanning various medical procedures and disease states.
Collectively, we strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
How You Can Help Meet These Goals
We seek leaders to join our Finance team as Senior Financial Analysts, supporting areas like Sales, Supply Chain and Tax, among others, across all three of our sectors. You will have the opportunity to provide best in class financial business partnering, supporting the business in driving analytics, providing insights and shaping decisions to deliver true value creation. The more value we create, the better we can support the doctors, nurses, patients, parents and consumers who use our products and services every day.
What We Will Provide You
Opportunity to build your career across three distinct businesses under the J&J name. A global presence with positions across the globe for you to consider. A business built on our Credo – a guideline ensuring impact to our consumers, employees, communities and shareholders is always considered before decisions are made. An unrelenting focus on continuous development (within Finance and cross functional assignments). A friendly, yet focused environment. Great pay, great benefits. The opportunity to make a difference. Jobs with purpose.
What You Will Get Up To
- Preparing quarterly and year-end income tax provisions
- Preparing Canadian corporate income tax returns, sales tax returns, non-resident tax compliance and other tax filings on a timely basis
- Preparing R&D claim and related corporate filings
- Maintaining tax continuity schedules for all corporate income tax accounts and assist with month-end close and account reconciliations
- Preparing required corporate legal and management reporting submissions
- Assisting with income tax audits
- Calculating federal and provincial installments
- Interacting with tax authorities on a regular basis regarding various corporate tax accounts
- Understanding and reviewing federal and provincial tax rules and any changes to those rules to assess the impact on transactions affecting specific business units
- Researching and analyzing various ad hoc tax situations
- Assisting with process improvements by building efficiencies through automation or streamlining
What Will Make You Successful
- Energy and enthusiasm for taking ownership, creating value and making a difference
- Curiosity and Agile Learning. A drive to improve, a desire to engage, a willingness to learn, and a passion for challenging the status quo
- Excellent communication & business partnering skills including:
- Able to present complex information clearly and concisely
- Ability to build strong partnerships with key stakeholders
- An ability to bring clarity to complex business issues, with proven success in managing complex projects & processes
- Value teamwork, foster an environment that encourages diverse perspectives, sharing of ideas and best practices.
- High level of aptitude for learning taxes
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree along with 3+ years in relevant financial roles
- An in-progress or completed professional accounting designation (CPA/CMA/CGA) or other financial designation is required.
- MTax degree or enrollment/completion of CPA In-Depth Tax Course is desirable.
- Corporate income tax experience with a public / private corporation or public accounting firm is desirable.
- Knowledge of and experience with Canadian income tax returns and income tax provisions is preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Knowledge of Taxprep / Taxprep Forms is desirable.
- Knowledge of SAP is desirable
- Knowledge of R&D is a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel between our Markham and Toronto offices as required
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)