Johnson & Johnson Careers
Bioassay Associate Scientist, Process Analytical Support
Requisition ID: 5487190606
Janssen Research & Development is recruiting for a Bioassay Associate Scientist, Process Analytical Support, located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Within Janssen Research & Development, the Biotherapeutics Development (BioTD) organization is responsible for the development, clinical supply, marketed product support, and life cycle management of chemical and biologic pharmaceutical products. Within BioTD, the Analytical Development group supports method development and validation, release and stability testing, structural characterization, and preparation of regulatory filings. Separations and Bioassays drives the efficient development of pharmaceutical biologics products.
Consider being on a team that makes worthwhile drugs to help patients? Help us drive diverse Large molecule Biologics development?
We are hiring an ambitious Associate Scientist to be responsible for Separations characterizations in the Analytical Resource Team Process Analytical Support team in the Janssen BioTherapeutics Development Analytical Development DPDS team. We support the development of a wide variety of therapeutic Biologics that include monoclonal antibodies, bi-specific antibodies, fusions, vaccines, and gene therapies. We seek candidates like you with a broad skill set that includes protein analytical technologies including HPLC chromatography (SEC, HIC, IEX, RP, HILIC), electrophoresis (CE, cIEF, cSDS, SDS-PAGE), LC-MS, and spectroscopy applications. We prefer you to have experience with Bioassays using ELISAs, FRET, qPCR, and cell-based assays.
• Conduct protein analytical assays for biologics drug development
• Thrive in a dynamic team setting by giving technical expertise to multiple large molecule programs, be proficient with documentation, and review of analytical and bioassay data
• Demonstrate excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills combined with technical, writing, and interpersonal skills as well as proven attention to detail and record keeping.
• Address complex problems through the data analysis requiring strong process knowledge and in-depth evaluation of multiple variables.
• Engage in a matrixed team environment and provide mentorship to other lab personnel
• Partnering with various J&J Discovery and Development team to ensure adoption and implementation of process improvements, stability, and process validation for the preparation of biologics for clinical trials
• Utilizing project metrics and lessons learned to improve business results and product launch processes in the region.
• Serve as instrument owner and manage equipment qualifications and maintenance
• Complete all electronic lab notebooks, GMP, and safety trainings as required in a timely fashion
• BA/BS degree or equivalent with at 2-3 years of related experience or MS with 1 years of related experience is required
• Background in at least 3 bioassays including ELISA, FRET, qPCR, plate based biochemical assays, or cell-based potency assays is required
• Strong background in multiple separation-based technologies (e.g., HPLC/UPLC, cIEF, cSDS, electrophoresis, etc.) is preferred
• Creatively tackling of technical problems while meeting project timelines
• Ability to work with a limited mentorship to plan, execute, and follow through studies
• Perfection in troubleshooting and routine instrument maintenance
• This role is based in Malvern and may require up to 5% of domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)