Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 5469180309
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting a Scientist to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit http://www.janssenbiotech.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Scientist will be a member of the Biophysics group in Spring House, PA. The Scientist will be a part of an exciting research group will be responsible for developing and implementing first principles based biophysical assays for characterizing intrinsic properties of macromolecules such as charge, shape, size, solubility and aggregation. He or she will be responsible to support lead selection and characterization of both discovery and development projects in immunology, oncology, cardiovascular, neurosciences and infectious and metabolic diseases. The Scientist is also expected to continually augment the scientific and technical capabilities of our group and advance the development of biotherapeutic molecules. Core responsibilities include:
- Perform routine stability characterization of therapeutic molecules, ADCs, antigens, and reagents by AUC (in buffer and serum) and other first principle biophysical techniques
- Maintain up to date lab notebook documentation
- Preparation of technical documentation to secure intellectual property and for submission to regulatory agencies
- Design and perform intrinsic property assessment assays of therapeutic proteins, drug conjugates and antigens
- Function as biophysics rep for project pulse teams
- Design and Develop high throughput assays for the determination of biologics intrinsic properties and interaction with their targets
- Identify, evaluate and implement new biophysical methods and techniques that further our efficiency and contribute to the development of new molecules
- Bachelors or Master degree in Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, or a related field with at least 12 years of laboratory experience performing biophysical studies OR Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, or a related field with relevant experience is required
- Direct experience designing and performing biophysical studies of therapeutic proteins, ADC (Antibody Drug Conjugate) and antibodies is required
- Experience with Analytical Ultracentrifugation (AUC) is required
- Ability to design and perform AUC studies of therapeutic proteins and antigens is required
- Strong background in biophysics is required
- Experience and knowledge in Light Scattering, Spectroscopy (CD and Fluorescence), DSC (Differential scanning calorimetry), pre-formulation and buffer screening including particle analysis is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)