Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Director, Global Head Investigative Immuno and Hematotoxicology (Immunotoxicology)
Requisition ID: 5467190523
The Senior Director, Global Head Investigative Immunology and Hematotoxicology, Nonclinical Safety (NCS) will define the strategy and execute the development of novel therapeutics spanning across multiple therapeutic areas and modalities. This role will be responsible for establishing a new group within Nonclinical Safety that will evaluate potential immune and hematopoietic system-related risks associated with our pipeline, this includes: building appropriate laboratory capabilities, working with Project Toxicologists, providing strategic and scientific input to multidisciplinary Project Teams across the pipeline from discovery through post-registration.
The Senior Director will be responsible for leading the Investigative Immunotoxicology group to establish novel in vitro and biochemical assays/in vivo biomarker models to assist in understanding potential human risks associated with candidates, pre-NME in order to inform internal decision-making. He/she will lead a team of internal employees and oversee external (Contract Research Organizations) resources to generate data to inform risk assessment.
The Senior Director, Global Head of Investigative Immunotoxicology will be member of the Nonclinical Safety Senior Leadership Team and will serve as needed as delegate leadership to early portfolio governance and in evaluation of due diligence opportunities. He/she will be a member of the Nonclinical Safety Leadership team that is responsible for the review and approval of nonclinical safety strategies as well as major issue review and recommendations for resolution.
This role will lead a team of PhD level and technical level staff providing leadership, mentorship, and career development opportunities for his/her global team members. This role will be responsible for future capital planning, innovation strategy, budget, resource and timeline commitments for the group.
The Senior Director will have a desire for learning and innovation, and continue career development through participation in scientific meetings, and increase visibility for self, Janssen R&D, and J&J through publications, participation in external organizations, and presentations at major scientific, industry, and regulatory meetings.
- Ph.D. in immunology, immunotoxicology, toxicology or related discipline (pharmacology, cell/tumor/molecular biology, or related field) and/or professional degree (DVM, VMD) with training or extensive experience in immunotoxicology, immunology or related biologic disciplines
- 15 + years of pharmaceutical/biotechnology research management or related experience in drug development is required; direct experience with risk assessment for biotherapeutics is required
- Knowledge of GLPs and Health Authority regulations and guidelines for the development of biologics (e.g. ICH, FDA, EMEA, PMDA) is required
- Proven track-record in leading complex scientific and laboratory teams, including direct people management, laboratory management experience is required
- Exceptional diplomacy and negotiating skills are required.
- This role requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a high level of organizational ability and attention to detail
- Good communication skills, attention to detail, troubleshooting skills and ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment is required.
- Strong scientific and technical skills including flow cytometry (particularly as applied to the immune system), molecular imaging, immunoassays and expertise in animal and cell-based models is required.
- Leading edge knowledge of principles, concepts and practices in Immunotoxicology Is required as well as ability to propose mechanistic hypotheses, design and oversee the execution of experiments is required.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)