DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is seeking a Staff Software Engineer, R&D, Digital Orthopedic Surgery to join our team in Boston, MA where we are building a software platform for our robotic surgery product line.
DePuy Synthes provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Digital Orthopedic Surgery team is bringing innovation to patient care. We are using robotics and digital tools for surgical teams to increase the performance, accuracy, and safety of surgical procedures. We are creating an extensible operating room ecosystem to support our surgical products. Our vision is to create a process of continuous improvement through analysis of intra-operative and post-operative surgical data. We are dedicated to improving patient outcomes through the advancement of medical technology. This role will work on a multi-disciplinary team to deliver next-generation capabilities for production medical systems.
The Staff Software Engineer will provide technical direction to software and product development professionals to align on a rigorous development approach and bring to market products of the highest quality and commercial potential. You will build on our existing technologies and innovate new solutions for user-facing software applications, data enablement with the Digital Surgery IoT cloud, and systems integration. You’ll build REST API endpoints and enable device telemetry analysis in the cloud. Your role will also extend to cybersecurity concerns at all levels of the product and the support infrastructure.
- Collaborate with software engineers, product development engineers, cybersecurity and quality professionals, systems engineering, and product owners to build foundational components of our surgical platform
- Design and develop user-facing Windows applications for device administration and servicing, user management, and surgical functionality
- Strategize with software engineering professionals locally and throughout Johnson & Johnson on broad strategic goals, around IoT and cloud capabilities in particular
- Working with Test Engineers to devise testing strategies and scenarios on which to build test cases
- Write design descriptions and architectural documentation in compliance with regulation our Quality Management System
- Work with Product Development specialists to develop product requirements. Refine user stories and acceptance criteria with product owners and the development team
- Enable next-generation data management and IoT capabilities for our surgical robotics platform
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree is required.; A major in Computer Science or similar is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in technology and software development is required.
- Proficiency in the C# programming language and .Net software application development is required.
- Ability to contribute to the design and implementation of the application layer security scheme is required.
- Proficiency with Windows software application development is required.
- An understanding of both the Windows and Linux operating systems at a low-level is required.
- A good understanding of relational and document-oriented databases and handling data of various lineages and formats is required.
- Practical experience with medical device software regulations such as IEC 62304 and ISO 14971 and other FDA guidelines is preferred.
- Experience with GUI application development with C++ and Qt is preferred.
- Strong capabilities with a common scripting language like Python is preferred.
- Agile software development experience and familiarity with Agile development practices is preferred.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment, medical devices in particular is preferred.
- This position is located in Raynham, MA and may require up to 20% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)