Johnson & Johnson Careers
PRINCIPAL SCIENTIST- TECHNICAL SERVICES
Requisition ID: 5449190604
NeoStrata Company, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies, is currently recruiting for a Principal Scientist, in their Technical service group. NeoStrata, located in Princeton, New Jersey has a growing portfolio of Specialty Beauty, OTC drug and medical device products produced by North American & select international external manufacturers (EM’s).
The Principal Scientist will support a broad range of externally-manufactured products for the NeoStrata Specialty Beauty business. This position holds responsibility for the performance of a select portfolio of EM sites that produce a multitude of products across multiple product classes, technologies, and complexities. This position will be responsible to ensure technical and compliance issues pertinent to EM products, processes are fulfilled.
The Principal Scientist will:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Operations, Marketing, Clinical, Regulatory, Quality Assurance, and Research and Development (R&D) to identify opportunities, build business cases and perform work necessary to realize product cost and process efficiencies.
- Collaborate with Manager Process Engineer and R&D Scientists during new formula development on a lab scale and the relation to scale-up. Includes: monitor lab scale with scientist and/or prepare product on the bench
- Assist to develop and implement efficient/effective processes new products
- Prepare lab batches for new and/or alternate raw materials and complete stability
- Revise and streamline processes for increased batch sizes on existing products to ensure quality
- Assist and help manage pilots and product transfers to maintain product launch timelines
- Troubleshoot manufacturing issues by implementing process revisions and stability on a lab scale
- Work independently to drive technical resolutions in manufacturing and troubleshoot product issues under aggressive and often compressed timelines.
- Work with QA to resolve product Quality issues
- Ensure EM compliance for raw material conversions
- Work with EM’s to develop raw material specifications
- A Bachelors degree with a minimum of 4-6 years of experience in the process development of cosmetic and OTC semi-solid formulation is preferred.
- A good technical foundation of formulated products including emulsions, surfactants, suspensions, structured liquids, an understanding of material chemistry and process equipment.
- Process development/process scale-up experience is required.
- Experience working with external manufacturing and technical project management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple, concurrent priorities and many needing immediate resolution is required
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a team environment
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Must have a proven track record of dependability and commitment
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively dependent on project’s scope
- Six Sigma Process Excellence and/or other improvement methodologies experience, training and/or certification are preferred.
- This position may include travel 25% domestic
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Princeton-
NeoStrata Company, Inc (6231)