Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, Forced Degradation Characterization
Requisition ID: 5444190523
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Forced Degradation Characterization in the BioTherapeutic Development – Analytical Development (BTD-AD) group, located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The successful candidate will work in the forced degradation group within the Characterization group in the BTD-AD department. The incumbent will independently develop, design and perform forced degradation studies in support of product characterization and process development activities.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Design and perform forced degradation studies on monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins to establish structural/function relationship.
• Identify major degradation pathways of the product and identify product CQAs.
• Perform peptide mapping and other LC/MS characterization assays of the forced degradant.
• Learn and utilize different software packages for LCMS/protein analysis
• Contribute to IND, IMPD, BLA, and other regulatory filings
• Develop/optimize assays, write protocols, reports, and perform and coordinate testing to support analytical development, manufacturing process development, process validations, and manufacturing investigations
• Participate in cross-functional teams at project-related meetings, lead or facilitate technical discussions
• PhD in analytical chemistry, biochemistry or a related field with 1-2 years of experience or MS with at least 5-6 years relevant industry experience is required.
• A strong scientific background and hands-on laboratory experience in LC-MS/MS characterization of protein products is required.
• Competency at developing, optimizing and trouble-shooting assays is required.
• Ability to solve problems of scientifically challenging nature is required.
• Experience maintaining high quality documentation, analyzing and properly interpreting data, and preparing reports, SOPs or other technical reports is highly desired.
• Strong written, verbal communication and excellent interpersonal skills are preferred.
• A strong understanding and experience in the application of various GXP concepts is preferred.
• This role is based in Malvern, PA and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)