Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Data Science-Supply chain Digital & Analytics
Requisition ID: 5440190125
Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain Digital & Analytics group is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Data Science who will play a key role in our transformation journey of applying innovative analytics to drive business improvement and competitive advantage. This position has the option to sit in any J&J office in USA, but preferred location is Seattle, WA and Bridgewater, NJ.
At the core of our business strategy is the value of reliable, real-time data - “the great equalizer” - and insights that come out of the data using Advanced Analytics. Our ability to leverage cognitive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics to drive speed and agility in our supply chain will give us competitive edge. Accelerated adoption of cutting edge advanced analytics embedded in the operational workflow is required to achieve our goals. The Senior Manager, Data Science role will provide technical and people leadership in driving high-impact deployment of innovative data science and analytics solutions across JJSC.
- Lead the development and deployment of data science and machine learning solutions built on large amounts of internal and external data to drive predictive insights and improve business performance.
- Develop technology strategy and solution stack to enable end-to-end, scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analysis, model development, model validation and model implementation.
- Partner with business leaders and stakeholders in various functional groups (e.g., manufacturing, operations, planning, procurement, engineering, quality assurance, logistics, R&D, product innovation) to identify, guide, and advise on advanced analytics application opportunities.
- Be a trailblazer in the implementation and deployment of Advanced Analytics algorithms
- Deep collaboration with IT and other members of Digital & Analytics community to drive innovative analytics and data science solutions, including data, tools, methods, and infrastructure.
- Keep in tune with industry trends, techniques, tools and use cases to steer internal improvement and innovation of Big Data Analytics and Data science.
- Provide individual and team leadership to data scientists to ensure they are growing their capabilities and achieving their career goals.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in fields such as statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering or any other related quantitative disciplines. Master’s or PhD is highly preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- 7+ years of industry experience solving business problems through application of quantitative analytic approaches.
- Deep knowledge and strong technical competence in machine learning, statistics, data mining or related field.
- Experience with real-time sensor data analysis, IoT, and NLP is preferred.
- Experience and hands-on skills with Python or R are required.
- Experience with big data architecture and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, etc.) is required.
- Background in programming in C, C++, Java is preferred.
- Hands on experience with operationalization of advanced machine learning analytics with track record of success and proven outcomes.
- Solid understanding of BI and data solutions, including Power Pivot, cubes, data warehouse, and data marts.
- Experience with data visualization and presentation (Tableu, Qlik, Power BI, etc.) is preferred.
- Preferred experience in building, developing and leading a data science team focused on application of machine learning and big data analytics.
- Background in manufacturing and supply chain is a plus.
- Experience with optimization/simulation modeling techniques and tools (CPLEX, Gurobi, Xpress, Arena, etc.) is a plus.
- The ability for up to 20% travel, including international travel, is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)