Johnson & Johnson Careers
POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW, CAR-T PROCESS DEVELOPMENT
Requisition ID: 5439190125
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Post-Doctoral Fellow, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Janssen BioTherapeutics Development (BTD) organization is seeking an energetic, highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellow with proven expertise in immunology, T-cell biology, and/or CAR-T therapy to develop next generation CAR-T manufacturing process platforms for heme and solid tumors. This position will provide a rare opportunity to execute pioneering bench-to-bedside research with the intent of developing innovative and manufacturable approaches to deliver novel CAR-T based therapeutics to patients. At Janssen, Postdoctoral fellows are trained by expert scientists working at the cutting edge of drug discovery. The BTD organization partners with both R&D and Clinical divisions, supports a wide range of Therapeutic Areas, and is committed to foster a working environment that encourages the company's commitment to equal employment opportunity and the value of a diverse work force. The successful candidate will generate CAR-T cells using various methods, investigate their phenotypes and develop next-generation CAR-T process platforms. She/He will learn from and contribute to industry-leading drug discovery programs that has brought numerous quality therapeutics to patients and has made significant contributions to human health. Upon completion of the postdoctoral program, the Fellow will have acquired valuable career experience that enables entry into translational academic settings, biotech-related opportunities, and/or continued development in large pharma.
The Postdoctoral Fellow is expected to:
- Independently design and execute research to establish a strategic path for developing next generation autologous and allogeneic CAR-T process and manufacturing platforms
- Evaluate cutting-edge scientific developments and identify opportunities to improve the CAR-T manufacturing process
- Participate in cross-functional team discussions and collaborate with internal and external partners to develop CAR-T manufacturing strategies, including design, execution and optimization of experiments and process steps
- Deliver reports, summaries, and present research findings and data to stakeholders
- Maintain detailed records, notebooks in a GMP compliant manner, ensure data integrity and maintain compliance with general laboratory operations, all appropriate SOPs for laboratory work, data recording, laboratory equipment and safety
Suitable candidates will have a PhD in Immunology, Immuno-oncology, or a related discipline.
- Extensive experience in T-cell culture and activation, ability to sort and phenotypically characterize mixed populations, is required.
- Hands-on expertise in T-cell based assay development, multi-color immunophenotyping and various gene delivery methods is required
- Background in T cell signaling, CAR-T mechanism of action and process is preferred
- Possess a detailed knowledge of tumor immunology principles, technologies, and experimental techniques
- Previous experience and a good track record in development of new technologies/processes is preferred
- Independent thinker with deep intellectual curiosity, ability to design, organize, and execute both short- and long-term research strategies and drive innovative projects
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks, handle tight timelines and deliver quality data
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of delivering data-based reports in all relevant formats, is required
- Ability to work individually and as part of a matrixed team is required
- Experience maintaining written records of work in the form of laboratory notebooks (paper or electronic) is required
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States permanently
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)