Johnson & Johnson Careers
SOFTWARE ENGINEER III
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Requisition ID: 5430190522
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for a Software Engineer III, located in Milpitas, CA.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization.
The Software Engineer III will support the development of surgical systems within the regulated medical environment. This position will work with teams or individually based on project complexity. He or She needs to be able to work with cross functional groups to gather and document requirements to develop software. The Software Engineer III must to have a high sense of urgency and be a self-starter that can contribute to the team while adhering to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives.
Main areas of responsibility:
• Knowledge of best practices for software development and documentation within the medical device realm.
• Work cross functionally to develop software
• Ability to work as an individual or a team member to develop software
• Create code in multiple software languages.
• Document code to meet regulatory requirements
• Create unit test for software
• Responsible for work flow production, training of new employees on covered jobs, answering job-related questions in one or more areas.
• Under general supervision, works within established guidelines and has flexibility as to method, priority and timing of job duties. Requires some amount of initiative and judgment.
• BS in computer science, electrical engineering, or computer engineer.
• 10 years of software development required
• Experience with QT, C++, and C# are required
• Experience with developing software for Capital Equipment is required
• Experience with Close loop logic is preferred
• Experience with Rational Tools is preferred
• Prior experience in a highly regulated industry required
• Ability to do presentation and public speaking preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)
R&D Engineering (R&D)