Johnson & Johnson Careers
POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW API CAR-T MANUFACTURING
Requisition ID: 5418181024
The CAR-T Process and Manufacturing team in Janssen BioTherapeutics Development (BTD) is seeking an energetic, highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellow to enable the development of heme/solid tumor-based CAR-T manufacturing processes. This post-doctoral position will provide a rare opportunity to execute pioneering bench-to-bedside research with the intent of delivering novel CAR-T based therapeutics to patients. Upon completion of the postdoctoral program, the Fellow will have acquired valuable career experience that enables entry into translational academic settings, biotech-related opportunities, and/or continued development in large pharma.
At Janssen, Postdoctoral fellows are trained by expert scientists working at the cutting edge of drug discovery. The BTD organization partners with the Discovery and Clinical divisions and supports a wide range of Therapeutic Areas including Oncology, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular and Metabolism, Immunology, and Infectious Diseases. BTD is committed to foster a working environment that encourages the company's commitment to equal employment opportunity and the value of a diverse work force. The successful candidate will learn from and contribute to an industry-leading drug discovery program that has brought numerous quality therapeutics to patients and has made significant contributions to human health. She/He will collaborate and participate in cross-functional team discussions, gaining insight into many aspects of biotherapeutic discovery and development.
The Postdoctoral Fellow is expected to:
- Independently design, evaluate and establish a strategic path for development of CAR-T process
- Engineer CAR-T cells using various gene delivery methods
- Use cutting-edge science and emerging developments to identify opportunities to improve CAR-T manufacturing process
- Deliver reports, summaries, and presentations supporting experimental results
- Present research findings and data to the group; interact and collaborate with cross-functional teams, present findings at scientific conferences
- Ensure data integrity and maintain compliance with general laboratory operations, all appropriate SOPs for laboratory work, data recording, and laboratory equipment
- Maintenance of detailed records, notebooks in a GMP compliant manner, safety, and environmental requirements is expected
- Suitable candidates will have a PhD in Immunology, Immuno-oncology, or a related field from an accredited college/university.
- Extensive working knowledge of T-cell biology, ability to sort from mixed populations, phenotypically characterize, expand, and culture these cell types is required
- Expertise in cell biology, cell-based assays and flow cytometry analysis (BD Fortessa or similar) is required
- Should possess a detailed knowledge of tumor immunology principles, technologies, and experimental techniques
- Background in CAR-T biology is preferred
- Independent thinker with ability to design, organize, and execute both short- and long-term research strategies. Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of delivering data-based reports in all relevant formats
- Capable of handling tight timelines and delivery of quality data
- Demonstrated leadership is preferred.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (including a high proficiency with generating pivot tables and graphs), and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in Sharepoint and other information technology systems are highly desirable, as is experience with PubMed databases and other literature databases.
- Candidates must be available to work Full-time.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)