Johnson & Johnson Careers
BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY LEADER SR MANAGER- USER EXPERIENCE & SERVICE DESIGN
Requisition ID: 5415181024
Senior Manager, Business Technology Leader – User Experience & Service Design
Johnson & Johnson Technology is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Business Technology Leader. The position will be based in New Brunswick, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets.
We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This individual will be the User Experience Strategist for the Research, Design, and Engineering (RD&E) digital accelerator within Corporate Business Technology.
In this capacity, the role is expected to drive the design thinking process across multiple digitization work streams, lead workshops to shape ideas into opportunities for experimentation, and produce wire frames, creative concepts, and clickable prototypes for business alignment.
The ideal candidate has experience in digital enterprise products or software as a service, with strong blue sky/ideation skills, robust holistic systems thinking, deep attention to detail, and passion for making difficult tasks into simple and delightful experiences for customers.
He/she will be responsible for understanding industry trends, UX best practices, customer demands, and driving a culture of experimentation on high-value opportunities. He/she will lead the shaping of ideas, service design, information design and data visualization efforts of RD&E.
They will possess excellent presentation and storytelling skills, sharing work with teammates and partners in a way that instills confidence and focus. He/she will actively participate and engage functional leaders and will be responsible for developing J&J Technology as a competitive advantage and enabler of digitization for the corporate functions and domains. This individual should be naturally curious, have a passion for technology, be a creative thinker, be comfortable with ambiguity, and embrace an agile culture.
- Lead, define and own the overall UX strategy and design for the RD&E digital accelerator
- Provide leadership around UX best practices and the creation of intuitive web and mobile applications and services that form the primary touch point with our employees and customers
- Bring experience of both product, strategy and process visualization
- Lead the delivery of data visualization capabilities
- Maintain deep industry knowledge in emerging technologies and enterprise capabilities
- Create user-centric designs by considering customer feedback, and usability findings
- Use business requirements and customer research to assist in developing prototypes
- Conduct usability studies and put together detailed, structured analysis of issues and potential solutions.
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of web applications
- Present design work to the Corporate BT team, product team, and senior leadership for review and feedback
- Develop process flows, wireframes, and mockups to effectively conceptualize and communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors
- Partner with domain business technology leaders and business partners to align problem statements with emerging technology opportunities
- Drive strategic thinking and influence business strategy with key partners
- Continually scan the industry for partnership opportunities and proactively pitch new ideas to the business
- Partner with J&J Technology Services and Product Line organizations to scale experiments to the enterprise
- Conduct ROI and other financial analysis to support project funding/prioritization
- Manage senior business partner relationships via regular face-to-face discussions and leadership meetings
- Help business partners clarify, develop, and plan for their current and future technology needs
- Support the definition of requirements, and how to best address them, considering the goals of the organization. Also, develop alternatives and provide recommendations for business case.
- Conceive of and support the design of projects that may require integration across multiple technical platforms
- At least eight (6) years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role
- A BA/BS degree is required, preferably in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), engineering, or related area
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience
- Experience with data visualization is preferred
- Knowledge of best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as user experience principles and techniques
- Experience creating prototypes or wire-frames for web applications
- Familiarity with user interface patterns for web
- Experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Experience with UX design for complex workflows and/or for technical end users
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) is a big plus
- Analytical and creative thinker with a deep understanding of consumer and enterprise digital trends
- Highly collaborative, with strong experience creating strong cross-functional working relationships, building consensus, and driving to decisions across all levels of management
- High capacity for learning quickly, attention to detail, and managing simultaneous projects successfully
- People management experience preferred
- Experience with Agile product development is required.
- Experience working with senior leaders, interacting across multiple levels of organization & working with virtual teams
- 10% domestic and international travel is required
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)