Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Surgical Vision NPI Planning and Analytics
Santa Ana, California; Singapore, Singapore
Requisition ID: 5414190926
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV), part of the J&J family of companies is currently hiring for a Manager, Surgical Vision NPI Planning and Analytics to be located in Santa Ana, CA or Singapore.
JJSV designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior-segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal. Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The global refractive (LASIK) market leader, the No. 2 global provider of cataract products, and a leader in presbyopia-correcting intraocular lenses (IOLs) all supported with a consumer eye health diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
The purpose of this role is to drive NPI analytics using modeling tools that will enable world class event-based forecasting. This individual will have a role in designing the end to end NPI and event forecasting process and running Plan projects related to inter-affiliate supply (cross-region) as well as the in-region extension / execution of projects selected by markets for entry into the local market portfolio. This position is a part of the Global Plan team and will serve as an enabler to the business strategy.
• Interdependent partnering with the other functions of the E2E SC team, manufacturing sites (internal & external), Integrated Planning, Strategic Sourcing, Commercial marketing teams, QA
• Close connectivity and influencing skills with cross-regional planners / project managers and commercial partners in order to drive NPI processes
• Leverage data analytics and market intelligence to develop sustainable NPI / event demand planning process
• Partner in Designing and implementing new or adapted processes to support new product or event-based demand modeling techniques that provide a consistent forecast, with less than 40% MAPE
• Work with regional partners to develop a global event demand modeling process that can be used across multiple value streams and markets
• Organize and lead cross-functional team meetings as-needed. Maintains effective communication and working relationships among project core team
• Work with cross-functional team members, to include Value Stream, Commercial, and Finance, to improve our forecasting process and drive supply chain’s ability to meet commercial demand for new products
• Assign, define schedules and track cross-functional tasks/activities to ensure that project progress within expected timings
• Lead risk analysis & mitigation planning for projects
• Prepare and present project progress reports & presentations as required
Key Performance Indicators
• Successful deployment of a Global NPI forecasting process
• NPI Performance (Including Post Analysis of NPI)
• Efficient & effective resolution of project-related issues
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree preferred
• Minimum 8 years of relevant working experience is required
• Experience in a regulated industry is preferred
• Experience in Demand Planning is required; with experience in New Product and/or Events preferred
• Strong Program Management experience is preferred
• Ability to lead, motivate, influence and supervise cross-functional teams is required
• Strong problem-solving skills in an analytical environment is required
• Strong business acumen and the ability to translate business decisions into financial outcomes is preferred
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, including excellent presentation skills to both peers and leadership is required
• This position is located in Santa Ana, CA or Singapore and may require up to 25% of travel both internationally and domestically
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Santa Ana-
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision, Inc (6234)