Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Fellow, Nonclincial Safety
Requisition ID: 5414190523
Janssen is actively recruiting for a Senior Fellow, Nonclinical Safety to be located at any J&J site in the US or remotely from home.
The Senior Fellow, Nonclinical Safety (NCS) will leverage their scientific expertise to provide strategic contributions to significant and/or specialty projects between portfolio-based teams and groups in NCS. The Senior Fellow will be responsible for leading and managing independent portfolio and expert reviews. He/she may partner with NCS leads or laboratory staff as requested in specific technology development, portfolio project issue resolution, or research collaboration projects, may act as a delegate for NCS or therapeutic area lead, as needed.
The Senior Fellow is responsible for co-leading, serving as the NCS Global Head delegate as needed, forums around scientific portfolio issue resolution and “mock” reviews and assure that scientific portfolio issues are resolved in a timely manner leveraging partnerships across the NCS leadership team. He/she will provide additional expert input to predictive safety strategies, in vivo exploratory, non-GLP studies and ongoing tox-path strategies.
- In partnership with the NCS Global Leadership team, the Senior Fellow will be responsible for providing on-site and virtual professional leadership and drug development coaching and mentoring for emerging leaders in NCS.
- Provide strategic scientific expertise and guidance regarding the portfolio projects to NCS laboratory leadership and NCS leads regarding strategic plans, and issue resolution/project planning, including confirming and disconfirming perspectives for NCS products or research plans
- Lead issue resolution, mock review forums, engage consultant network
- Leverage scientific expertise to coach NCS lab or other leaders with respect to strategic planning and executive skills (executive presentation, negotiation, coaching culture, executive presence, navigating change, navigating conflict) as needed for scientific presentations, forums, internal and external leadership or executive meetings, etc.
- Mentor NCS scientific staff, including NCS leads, pathologists and other scientists in successful drug development strategies including leverage of predictive safety/safety biomarker toolbox (e.g. group mentoring through preparation and presentation of case studies) that will positively impact late stage attrition; will require travel
- Support NCS leadership team with scientific review and coaching of scientific staff on writing of presentations, reports, etc
- Work on special projects, including external partnerships and collaborations, as assigned by global head of NC
- Serve as a Janssen representative at external forums to influence science and regulatory initiatives. Sit as a member of cross-functional diligence or business development teams. Serve as consultant regarding veterinary and vivarium planning or external oversight of animal care and use standards
- A minimum of a PhD is required
- A minimum of 15 years of experience is required
- A minimum of 10 years of people leadership experience is required
- Board certification in anatomic or clinical pathology (DACVP) is required
- Extensive experience in drug development aspects of nonclinical safety is required
- Experience in managing large cross-disciplinary teams is required
- Experience and ability to be an effective teacher is required
- Certification in toxicology (DABT) is preferred
- Experience working with international teams is preferred
- Experience with large and small molecule modalities is preferred
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)