Auris Health Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Senior Robotics Software Engineer, Advanced Development, located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
The Senior Robotics Software Engineer, Advanced Development plays a key role in the development of robotic systems for medical applications. He/she will understand the whole system from both a technical perspective and the user’s viewpoint, and contribute algorithms and software implementations that ultimately drive definition and development of future Auris products that will set new industry benchmarks of robotic surgical capability. We are looking for a candidate that can work independently and function well within a team, and is flexible, self-motivated, curious and passionate about revolutionizing the world of medical robotics. Additionally, the Senior Robotics Software Engineer works closely with the other software, mechanical, electrical and systems/controls engineers to control, simulate and implement Auris robotic systems.
- Work with software and other specialists (mechanical, electrical, systems) as part of a focused multi-functional team developing software for medical applications.
- Work closely with systems engineers to develop and implement and test robotic algorithms (kinematics, dynamics, controls, etc.).
- Design and implement C++ software in a real-time and FDA-regulated environment.
- Design and implement C++ software prototypes, components, and applications that are flexible and capable.
- Work with multi-functional engineers to bring up new hardware.
- Participate in design discussion (both internal and multi-functional) for robotic algorithms and workflows.
- Quickly implement concept proofs and prototypes, and test on systems.
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews.
- A minimum of a BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics or equivalent is required; Master’s preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience designing and implementing software for complex electro-mechanical systems is required.
- Strong background in object-oriented programming and system architecture is preferred.
- Proficiency with C++ programming is required.
- Proficiency with multi-threaded applications is preferred.
- Strong understanding of state-machine based design is required.
- Strong experience in robotics algorithm design and development is required.
- Excellent software engineering habits are required.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills are required.
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21CFR 820 is required.
- Knowledge of robotics control, kinematics, and dynamics is preferred.
- Experience with real-time software applications and RTOS is preferred.
- Experience developing safety-critical software (medical device) is preferred.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment is preferred.
- This position is located in Redwood City, CA.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)