Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist II, Heme Oncology Discovery
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 5371191002
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Scientist II, Heme Oncology Discovery, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The candidate will join a drug discovery team to develop cutting-edge biologics and small molecules for the treatment of hematologic malignancies. S/he will work in an exciting/stimulating environment across the different stages of preclinical drug discovery (from target ID to preclinical candidate) on projects related to tumor immunology. The candidate will be strongly motivated and dedicated, will show initiative and work independently. Responsibilities include design and execution of experiments and critical analysis of data. Troubleshooting skills are critical. The candidate demonstrate urgency, be organized, have the ability to work well in a team setting and be sensitive to timelines. Experience in a drug discovery / pharmacology environment is meaningful.
• Mammalian tissue culture of cell lines and primary human cells and blood products (BSL2 and BSL2+)
• Processing and dissociating mouse blood and tumors from in vivo studies for analysis by flow cytometry
• Perform molecular biology techniques such as: transfections, transductions, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, siRNA/shRNA, qRT-PCR, flow cytometry and ELISA (ie. MSD and Luminex).
• Immune assays such as CAR-T, ADCC, cytokine release, T cell biology, immune cell purification, and characterization
• Run multiple experiments/projects simultaneously.
• Maintain accurate laboratory notebooks and prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, etc., and maintain familiarity with relevant scientific literature
• Design, perform, interpret, troubleshoot and report complex data to managers in a clear and concise manner.
• A M.S. with 1-4 years of experience or a B.S. with 4-9 years of experience in Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Cancer Biology or related areas in Life Sciences with related laboratory experience
• Aseptic mammalian tissue culture of cell lines and primary human cells (i.e. whole blood, PBMCs, and T cells)
• Flow cytometry analysis and interpretation
• Data analysis using common software programs (i.e. Excel, GraphPad Prism, and FlowJo)
• Related Experience: Drug discovery experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical environment
• Previous work with antibody therapies, bi-specific antibodies, and cellular therapies (i.e. CAR-T)
• Functional assays to test drug candidates (i.e. cytotoxicity, proliferation, apoptosis)
• Immunology experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively present scientific data and concepts to international standards.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)