DePuy Synthes, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manufacturing Manager for Cleaning & Packing Value Stream to be located in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
Responsible to lead and manage production operations for the Clean & Pack Value Stream, while maintaining a high level of safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Provide oversite and leadership for the consumable integrated supply partner on site. Develops department goals and objectives, identifies appropriate measurements and tracks progress for the area. This position may lead or actively participate on cross Medical Device Supply Chain and/or JJSC projects. Drives collaboration with Supply Chain Partners (i.e. Production Planning, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, etc) in order to deliver safe, reliable, high quality products for our patients, at a reasonable cost. Actively participates on the Plant Leadership Team.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for overall capacity planning, scheduling and manufacturing of existing and newly developed products in the Clean & Pack Value Stream in compliance with all regulatory, GMP and QSR requirements in a cost effective manner and in accordance with planned budget.
• Accountable for pro-active people management and talent development. Sets the standards for performance assessment and feedback, effective communication, promoting positive morale and supporting employee involvement programs across assigned operations.
• Responsible for Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability performance to standards.
• Ensure corrective actions for non-conformance issues identified by internal and external audits are implemented in accordance with Quality System requirements.
• Foster a team environment within Value Stream and across the broader Manufacturing Site.
• Drives timely and quality delivery to both internal and external customers and is accountable for project improvement activities, (ie., Lean and Process Excellence Initiatives, quality, cell development, new equipment start-ups, new product launch production plans) within the Value Stream.
• Uses Process Excellence tools effectively and creates a culture that ensures all levels in the department are using the tools along with metrics to improve the business.
• Establishes an inclusion environment conducive to support a diverse employee population.
• Manages and drives improvement quality standards, resolves technical related issues and improves manufacturing procedures, processes, monitoring and measurement systems.
• Fosters employee engagement through routine value stream meetings.
• Analyzes root cause investigation outcomes to address quality and scrap issues and leads effective corrective actions for non-conformance issues identified by the quality system.
• Ensures the maintenance of all production equipment by coordinating these functions as necessary with Facilities and Maintenance departments.
• Promote and nurture the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and compliance, and actively support our compliance program-related initiatives and activities.
• Knowledgeable and compliant with laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintains the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times. Diligently participates in compliance programs.
• Enforces employee compliance, including attendance at training programs, and promptly report any non-compliance in accordance with Business Code of Conduct.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• A minimum of a Bachelor Degree is required with a focus in Manufacturing, Engineering, Organizational Leadership or Business discipline preferred.
• A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in manufacturing or related operations is required with direct supervision of professional level employees required.
• Demonstrated experience managing expense and capital budgets to business plans is preferred.
• Experience within a regulated manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Proven track record with NCR process, CAPA and other quality system components is preferred.
• Advanced understanding and working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma/Process Excellence Tools is preferred.
• Demonstrated successful management of capacity planning including ERP and Manufacturing Processing Systems (MPS) is preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities to develop and drive talent development and supporting programs required.
• Demonstrated strong project management skills are required; the ability to lead and facilitate project improvements required.
• Ability to effectively communicate and interface with all levels of management. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Experience with clean room environment (ISO class 7 and 8) preferred.
• This position is located in Warsaw, IN and may require up to 10% of travel both internationally and domestically.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)