Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, one of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is currently recruiting for a molecular & cellular biologist to fill a Senior Associate Scientist position within the Immunology Therapeutic Area Drug Discovery Team. The position will be located in Spring House, PA or La Jolla, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
- Design and perform laboratory experiments using cell-based or ex vivo assays.
- Introduce state-of-the-art expertise in cellular assay technologies - assist with elevation of laboratory capabilities.
- Accurately record data in laboratory notebooks. Interpret and present findings to discovery teams.
- Collaborate in a highly multidisciplinary environment for the progression of drug discovery projects.
- MS in Immunology, Molecular Cell Biology, Biotechnology, or related field with 5 years of laboratory research experience or BS/BA with 10 years laboratory research experience.
- Isolation and functional assay of adaptive and innate immune cells
- Experience employing tissue cell types (for example, epithelial, stromal, and parenchymal cells) to investigate cytokine action
- Basic competence in flow cytometry
- Broad expertise in state-of-the-art molecular technologies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills and an ability to perform in the context of a multidisciplinary teams
- Integrity, curiosity, rigor, and self-motivation
- Experience with skin immune/inflammatory models, the isolation and culture of keratinocytes and the construction and use of 3D reconstructed skin models
- Experience investigating T cell polarization is preferred
- Experience with mast cells, eosinophils, and basophils is a plus
- Expertise in gene and protein expression technologies (e.g., RT-PCR, Western blot, MSD/ELISA, etc)
- Experience with drug discovery
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)