Janssen R&D US is recruiting for a Senior Research Scientist, Hematology Discovery located in Springhouse, PA or Beerse, BE. At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
In this role, the Senior Research Scientist, Hematology Discovery will join the department research efforts in the discovery and development of biologics, small molecule, and cell-based therapies for the treatment of hematological malignancies, specifically of lymphomas. S/he will be responsible for independently contributing to and leading one or more of the research programs across the different stages of pre-clinical drug discovery towards the identification of clinical candidates. The successful candidate needs to demonstrate a high level of autonomy, initiative and decision making. His/her responsibilities include the design, execution and interpretation of studies for the validation of new targets and the development of new therapeutic agents for hematologic malignancies. The scientist will frequently collaborate in a matrix environment and will present his/her scientific results to multidisciplinary teams and senior management. The candidate is expected to establish effective collaborations both inside and outside the company and to demonstrate excellent communication and managerial skills.
• Demonstrating ability to design, perform and interpret complex in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo experiments.
• Flow cytometry experience and advanced training in flow cytometry is desired.
• Be proficient in the analysis and understanding of immune cells and molecules (rodent and human) as well as ex vivo analysis of immune cells by FACS, functional assays, IHC and ELISA.
• Proficiency in cell biology methods that could include cell proliferation, cellular cytotoxicity, immune cell isolation from whole blood or tissues, cell culture, transfection and cloning of stable cell lines, ADCC, CDC.
• Demonstrating the ability to analyze and present data in professional 'publication ready' format.
• Demonstrating the ability to work independently and manage multiple experiments simultaneously.
• Demonstrating the ability to contribute to various projects outside of his/her own and collaborate with stakeholders from all relevant functions.
• Keep up-to-date with the literature related to his/her field and build expertise in the area of hematologic malignancies.
• Demonstrating clear and professional verbal and written communication, and the ability to supervise and guide junior Research Associates.
• The successful candidate would typically hold a PhD degree, and post-doctoral experience and 3+ years in cancer, biology cellular and/or tumor immunology or a closely related field is required.
• Experience in preclinical drug discovery or validation of drug targets in either industry or academia is highly desired.
• Demonstrated ability to stay well-informed on the latest scientific advances in the field and to capitalize on new information or opportunities is required.
• A track record of publications in the field, including first-author manuscripts, is highly desired.
• Familiarity with tumor models and mechanisms of anti-tumor responses with strength in the analysis of the activity of T cells, macrophages and NK cells in anti-tumor immunity is highly desired.
• Experience with flow cytometry and analysis of immune cells is desired.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously is required.
• Demonstrated creativity and novel approaches to solving scientific problems is desired.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead interactions within and between groups, internally and externally is required.
• Detail-oriented, with excellent record-keeping skills is required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)