Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, Chemical Biology/Chemoproteomics
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 5360190522
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Chemical Biology/Chemoproteomics, to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Molecular & Cellular Pharmacology (MCP) Group is a critical part of Lead Discovery in the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D, and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams. Building on a strong legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as Scientist in the Chemical Biology/Chemoproteomics group. This position will report to a senior member of MCP, and be based in Spring House, PA.
The successful candidate will provide chemical biology/chemoproteomics support and expertise to therapeutic area programs from target nomination through declaration of a clinical candidate. S/he will contribute to establishment of robust chemical biology workflows, including characterization and validation of novel probes, quantitative chemoproteomics, and data analysis. The candidate will collaborate with scientists from multiple disciplines to identify lead compounds and elucidate their mechanism-of-action using established chemical biology workflows. S/he will collaborate in a highly multidisciplinary/matrix environment for the progression of drug discovery projects.
• A minimum of a Ph.D. (or equivalent) in chemical biology/chemistry/ biochemistry or related field is required.
• Strong record of publications is required.
• Extensive hands-on experience in chemical biology studies using chemical probes (covalent and/or photoaffinity) and proteomics is required.
• Good working knowledge in activity-based probes and application of activity-based protein profiling required.
• Expertise in proteomics-based mass spectrometry methods, including sample preparation and familiarity with quantitative proteomics methodologies (ex. SILAC, iTRAQ, & TMT) is required.
• Experience with proteomics data processing and analysis (ex. IP2, Proteome Discoverer, or MaxQuant) is required.
• Experience with mammalian cell culture and molecular biology is required.
• Strong capabilities to collaborate with scientists across multiple disciplines is required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills is required.
• Post-doctoral experience is preferred.
• Experience with bioorthogonal reactions (e.g. Cu-catalyzed and Cu-free click chemistry) is preferred.
• Experience with QE series of mass spectrometers (QE, QE-HF, QE-HFx) is preferred.
• Experience in genome-wide screening technologies (CRISPR-Cas9, shRNA) is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)