Johnson & Johnson Careers
SENIOR DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER, PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
Requisition ID: 5345180629
Ethicon, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s OneMD sector, is recruiting for a Senior Development Engineer, Product Management, located in Cincinnati, OH.
Ethicon offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. The Ethicon, Inc. business, based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. The Ethicon Endo-Surgery business focuses on developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
As a Senior Engineer, Product Management you will function as an integral member/leader of a development team developing, designing, & validating Direct Material Cost Improvement projects that ensure product quality, cost & performance objectives are met while concurrently providing design, quality, marketing & financial input. You will function as an engineering resource to lead cost saving idea generation, planning, development and execution, component process/tooling troubleshooting, qualification, and improvement.
- BS Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering and 4+ years of related experience required.
- Competent working knowledge of statistical techniques such as capability analysis, DOE, and regression
- Demonstrated experience working and communicating with internal and external stakeholders, including vendors and suppliers of direct materials and services
- Technical writing to include protocols, testing results, procedures, project status & special reports
- Demonstrated experience in driving project management and leading cross functional teams
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Experience in managing product, project and process risks
- This position may require up to 25% travel and is located in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Experience in the development of medical devices
- Experience and/or knowledge of industry norms and standards for wiring and cable management
- Experience in quality engineering activities such as FMEA, CAPA, and NC
- Knowledge of IPC acceptance and workmanship
- Knowledge of ISO and cGMP regulations
- A certification in Process Excellence (Green Belt or Black Belt)
- Effective team interpersonal skills, along with conflict analysis & resolution experience
- Experience with Cost Improvement
- Leading Design Change Projects, CIE
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)