Johnson & Johnson Careers
SENIOR PRODUCT MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER, ENDOMECH/ENERGY
Requisition ID: 5339180307
Ethicon Endo- Surgery, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior Product Mechanical Design Engineer, EndoMech/Energy, located in Cincinnati, OH.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
This Senior Design Engineer, R&D, will work with internal and external teams to develop advanced surgical instruments.
This position will lead the definition, design, development, implementation, and integration of these key surgical instruments.
This individual must collaborate with internal and external customers, partners, and consultants to effectively communicate and deliver novel surgical instruments to market.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related science/engineering degree is required, an Advanced Degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years mechanical product design experience is required. Experience in a FDA-regulated environment is highly preferred.
- The following skills are key to success in this position:
- Experience designing, developing, and launching medical products.
- Strong mechanical design and analysis skills, including an understanding of mechanical subsystem interface to overall system design.
- The ability to develop and utilize 3D CAD models, FMEA’s, GD&T, tolerance analysis, FEA, DOE’s, simulated use testing, and statistical analysis.
- Excellent collaboration and teaming skills to work with manufacturing engineering and suppliers to understand the considerations associated with Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design to Cost (DTC), and working with other team members and consultants to produce prototypes and optimize designs for manufacturability.
- Experience translating high-level customer needs into technical options and analyzing the tradeoffs and business impact.
- Understanding of surgery, surgical procedures, and the design and application of surgical devices, as well as the quality system / regulatory environment.
- Building prototypes, products, and systems for testing; along with setting up and running laboratory simulations.
- Designing test procedures, coordinating tests, analyzing results, and developing written reports.
- Conducting and/or participating in technical design reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, etc.
- Strong understand of design control; the ability to develop and execute design plans, design verification and validation.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)