Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Staff Scientist, Lens Characterization
Requisition ID: 5336180307
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, is hiring for a Staff Scientist, Lens Characterization, AST, R&D to be located in Jacksonville, FL.
The Staff Scientist, will provide dedicated analytical support function for early-stage research and mid-phase development projects and assist in their transfer to Manufacturing by developing, validating, transferring and implementing innovative methods to investigate raw materials, complex formulations, in-process samples, final products and contribute to a variety of troubleshooting projects. As a hands-on bench Scientist with strong knowledge of a broad range of analytical techniques, you will be expected to contribute to the resolution of complicated problems under tight timelines while working in a GMP environment. A strong background in experimental design, good project management and communication skills will be needed to handle multiple complex projects, keeping management and customers well informed of progress and timelines.
The successful candidate will develop, validate, transfer and implement innovative chromatographic (HPLC/GC/GPC/LC-MS/GC-MS) methods to analyze complex samples and aid project teams. Will utilize other analytical techniques (Spectroscopy/Wet Chemistry/Elemental Analysis) in various combinations to solve problems. Will remain current on industry specific issues and novel analytical techniques. Will write detailed reports and present project information to upper management as necessary. Will serve as a technical mentor for more junior scientists. Will maintain relevant relationships with the external analytical community to identify potential collaborators for the exploration of new analytical technologies
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, with a minimum of 9 years of experience in an R&D Analytical Chemistry role OR a Master’s degree in Chemistry, with a minimum of 7 years of experience in an R&D Analytical Chemistry role OR a PhD in Chemistry, with a minimum of 4 years of experience in an R&D Analytical Chemistry role is required
- Expertise with chromatographic (HPLC/GC/GPC) method development, validation and transfer for drug substance (API) and pharmaceutical/combination product in a GMP environment is required
- Extensive hands-on experience with Agilent/Waters HPLC/GC instruments together with advanced knowledge of EMPOWER CDS in a GMP environment is required
- Experience with application of Design of Experiments and Statistical data modeling/analysis techniques in an GMP Analytical R&D environment is preferred
- Experience with non-chromatographic analytical method development, validation and transfer in a GMP environment is preferred
- Experience working with contract analytical laboratories and cross functional teams is preferred
- This position may require up to 10% domestic and international travel
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)