Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Financial Analyst Innovation FP&A
Cincinnati, Ohio; Somerville, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 5314180307
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Financial Analyst- Innovation FP&A to support Ethicon, Inc., a member of the Medical Device sector and Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. This individual will support Innovation and WW FP&A initiatives. This role is located in either Somerville, NJ or Cincinnati, OH.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
This position will provide financial support and analysis to the Global Innovation group within Ethicon and whose responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Interface with J&J investor relations in preparing quarterly results and commentary
• Serve as the primary finance partner for Innovation teams and projects
• Lead financial valuations and partner to shape go-to market and pricing strategies for pipeline projects
• Develop pricing, profitability and gross profit analytics to create awareness and actions to improve the profitability of the business
• Lead the Business Planning Cycle and related updates, as well as the monthly closing cycles, both strategically and operationally; partnering with the business as well as Ethicon Finance team members
• Enhance the understanding of critical business unit performance drivers and maintain a good view of business unit strengths and weaknesses
• Drive assessment, preparation, and presentation of financial analysis and management reporting to business unit
• Synthesize data to identify trends/drivers and distill into a clear, concise analysis
• Provide information through ad-hoc analysis that allows the business partners to drive superior decision-making
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: Financial Planning and Analysis, Sales forecasting, New Product reporting, NPV modeling/new product support, Brand Marketing Expense budgetary support, and ad hoc analysis/presentations for senior management.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, a major in Finance/Accounting or equivalent preferred.
- An MBA, CPA, CMA, or other financial certifications are preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of finance or related business experience is required.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, medical device, or consumer products industries as well as public accounting is preferred.
- Candidate must possess excellent analytical (MS Excel), General Ledger, conceptual, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel is required.
- Financial Modeling is preferred.
- Experience with COGNOS, SAP, Tableau, and TM1 is a plus.
- The ability to think creatively and work in a team environment is required.
- Individual must work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The ability to effectively take on leadership roles in various functions is required
- This position is based in Somerville, NJ or Cincinnati, OH.
North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)