Johnson & Johnson Careers
MECHATRONICS AND CONTROL ENGINEER
Requisition ID: 5268190919
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
Auris Health, Inc. is recruiting for a Mechatronics and Control Engineer. This position will be located in Redwood City, CA.
The Mechatronics Systems and Control Engineer will contribute significantly in the design, development, and support of Auris’ advanced robotic surgical system to deliver high level of performance and safety. The primary focus of this position will be development, integration, and verification of intended robotic control subsystem based on overall function, performance, and safety requirements, which includes both software and hardware considerations. He/she will be involved in subsystem calibration, characterization, and robotic control system deployment. Lastly, he/she will assist robotic control system test development, execution, and documentation.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and verify electromechanical subsystems in the surgical robotic platform, such as custom surgical robots, end-effectors, and other capital equipment or components.
- Perform modeling, analysis, and tuning/configuration for the subsystems
- Conduct subsystem calibration, characterization, and robotic control system deployment
- Work in cross functional teams to accomplish system integration and perform engineering verification
- Contribute to overall electromechanical system design and control
- Other related duties as may be assigned
- Bachelors' degree in STEM and 2+ years of experience in medical device or mechatronics OR Masters' degree in robotics, mechatronics, control, or equivalent areas.
- Skilled in robotic control development, implementation, and debugging
- Strong hands-on experience of electromechanical system design, implementation and integration
- Solid understanding in electrical and mechanical principles of sensors and actuators
- Familiar with digital control and signal processing
- Knowledge of robotic kinematics and dynamics
- Experience with real-time embedded control systems
- Experience of Matlab, Python, and C++ programming
- Demonstrated technical understanding of complex engineering problems; proven ability of analytical problem solving and troubleshooting; excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)