Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a member of Johnson& Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Medical Science Liaison to cover the following region: Upper Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Long Island, Southern NY (includes Westchester, Yonkers, and White Plains).
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
In this exciting role, the Senior Medical Science Liaison (Sr. MSL) is responsible for providing fair balanced, objective, scientific information and education to health care professionals and to internal partners as required by scientific and business needs. The Sr. MSL is considered the scientific and clinical expert on current and future Janssen Oncology products. The Sr. MSL is also responsible for staying abreast of current scientific and treatment landscape trends in therapeutic areas of interest. The Sr. MSL provides high level research support for company and investigator-initiated research. The Senior MSL will meet with local and regional thought leaders as frequently as is requested. You will make objective, fair balanced scientific presentations to external health care provider requestors and internal business partners. The successful candidate will work with supervisor as directed to continue their development and enhance performance.
Responsibilities are included, but not limited to:
- The Sr. MSL is responsible for building external relationships with the health care provider team (MD, PA, NP, RN, Pharm.D.) and developing and managing a geographical territory.
- The Sr. MSL is responsible for developing and maintaining a territory strategic plan.
- The Sr. MSL is responsible for conducting all activities in accordance with current regulatory and health care compliance guidelines.
You, the Senior Medical Science Liaison, will:
- Consistently demonstrate strategic territory planning and ability to build strong relationships within the territory
- Consistently maintains a Territory Strategy Plan and shares insights/strategic planning details with Oncology MSL Leadership to include: A description of HCPs, academic and community practices and healthcare systems, describes regional influence patterns, referral data, research activity, changing external healthcare landscape, and description of field collaborative partnerships
- Demonstrates the ability to Build community and academic opinion leader
The successful candidate will have several partnerships:
- Builds relationships and seeks to understand KOL perspective by approaching each interaction as an opportunity to build and strengthen relationships
- Conducts ongoing dialogue with customers to understand KOL perspectives
- Demonstrates the ability to calculate the impact of actions or words and tailors approach:
- Integrates scientific data into real life practice to meet customer/audience needs, adapting interpersonal style to particular situations and people.
- Anticipates the responses of various individuals and teams based on their vantage point and perspective.
- Executes Research Initiatives:
- Leverages knowledge of standards of care and Janssen company/investigator sponsored clinical trials and competitor landscape to facilitate external-internal research communication
- engages with external investigators regarding unsolicited research inquiries and act as liaison to R&D, Medical Affairs and operations teams
- Provides clinical trial support to identify potential sites, resolve issues with enrolled sites, and participate in meetings as appropriate, including site initiation visits and investigator launch meetings
- Conduct scientific exchange with community and institutional HCPs
- Respond to unsolicited scientific inquiries of Health Care Providers (HCPs)/investigators/health care systems/academic medical centers and population health decision makers integrating scientific data including real world evidence in to real life practice to meet customer needs
- Gathers and reports medical insights during interactions with health care providers
- Presents data and information in a manner appropriate to the audience and request.
- Execute plans regarding reactive and proactive outreaches as approved via the legal/HCC exceptions process
You will also consistently develop strong scientific acumen:
- Actively participate in journal, and book clubs including scientific discussions on team calls
- Regularly share scientific news and findings with team
- Actively engages in a high level of scientific acumen regarding current standards of care
- Sets aside time for self-driven learnings on current scientific landscape
- Attends scientific conferences to gather and understand new scientific information relevant to the company and the external scientific community
- Consistently leads one or more scientific or strategic Oncology projects that elevate team acumen or increase visibility
- Exhibits strategic identification of educational gaps and opportunities
- Provides Leadership at a key scientific meeting
The Senior Medical Science Liaison also continuously supports Department Operations and Internal Partners:
- Maintains thorough understanding and competence in the following areas: Disease State Franchise and Medical Affairs Field (MAF) mission, vision and operating principles; operating company scientific data and objectives; market dynamics and competitive landscape; regulatory and health care compliance guidelines; corporate policies on appropriate business conduct and ethical behavior; MAF SOPs and guidelines
- In collaboration with supervisor develops, implements, and documents performance and development plan
- Conducts projects as assigned by management
- Actively listens for and routinely documents and shares and medical insights
- Attend and support local/regional/national meetings and conferences
- Performs all administrative requirements in a timely, accurate and compliant manner (e.g. expense reports, documentation of activities)
- Provide regional and local support to enhance sales training initiatives and improve competencies of field personnel in partnership with Sales Learning and Development
- Collaborates with all commercial partners, RWV&E, and other MSL teams under Project Drive on a regular basis
- Proactively identifies and synthesizes data for MSL team and business partners
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- A Doctorate level degree or equivalent experience is required (PharmD, PhD, MD, MSN)
- Post graduate experience is required with preference for oncology clinical experience (e.g., community/academic practice, cellular therapy (bone marrow transplantation, CAR-T), companion diagnostics)
- 1-3 years of previous industry experience, preferably in MSL role, is strongly preferred.
- Scientific Acumen: In-depth scientific and/or therapeutic knowledge and experience in the Oncology therapeutic area required; (hematologic malignancy lymphoma, myeloma, CAR-T OR solid tumor oncology,) experience highly preferred
- Some research and health care system knowledge is required
- Residency/fellowship preferred.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- This role will support a specific territory and will require up to 70% travel.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)