Johnson & Johnson Careers
Real World Data Analytics and Programming Lead
Requisition ID: 5246190521
MD&D Global Services LLC., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Real Wold Data Analytics Lead, which can be located remotely within the United States.
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson and Johnson (J&J). We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the J&J Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every single day, throughout the world.
The Medical Device Epidemiology - Real World Data Sciences organization at Johnson and Johnson (J&J) conducts observational research to support product development, product launch, post-market safety and effectiveness, value assessments, and business development of medical devices. The team leads Real World Data (RWD) innovation and methodological excellence across J&J’s medical device sector. The team generates real-world evidence to answer questions related to epidemiology of the indication, safety, product development, label extensions, value demonstration for payers, and other activities.
The Real World Data Analytics Lead will oversee the overall data programming and analytical needs of the Medical Device Epidemiology – Real World Data Sciences organization. The position will lead the development of standardized process that will maintain and improve the quality, consistency, and efficiency of the team's analytical deliverables. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise senior analysts and off-shore programming team on their day to day programming activities
- Build processes for onboarding, training and project prioritization for members of the analytics team
- Lead the development and validation of standardized approaches to programming and analytical tools, including R, SAS, and SQL macros
- Coordinate the creation of data specification files and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) documents for healthcare datasets such as electronic medical records, insurance claims, hospital billing data
- Oversee the development of frameworks for commonly used statistical methods in observational research such as propensity score matching/stratification, survival analysis, and other regression models
- Build infrastructure and processes for data storage, code repositories, documentation and quality control to ensure the highest quality of deliverables
- Coordinate analytical forums and training sessions for dissemination of standardized processes, frameworks, macros and new analytical approaches
- Collaborate with other functions to assess, evaluate and ETL new data sources
- Manage analytical infrastructure issues related to software and data servers in close collaboration with colleagues from IT and Data Sciences
- Implement new approaches for working with “big data” in healthcare. Some tasks may include data visualization, development of GUI/dashboards, exploring common data models, predictive analytics and machine learning algorithms
- Ensure that the analytical platforms are operational for the team to meet their goals
- An advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in Biostatistics, Public Health, Epidemiology, Informatics, Computer Science or another related field is required
- At least 5 years of experience in database programming (e.g. SQL) is required
- At least 5 years of experience in statistical programming (e.g. R, SAS) is required
- At least 5 years of experience in programming against large healthcare datasets is required
- In-depth knowledge of the structure and caveats of healthcare claims databases, electronic medical records and/or hospital billing data is required
- Knowledge in epidemiologic and statistical concepts related to observational research is preferred
- Prior people management experience is preferred
- Relevant prior work experience in the healthcare industry within a pharmaceutical or device company is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
North America-United States
MD&D Global Services LLC (6209)