Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Environmental Professional
Requisition ID: 5245181023
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. is recruiting for a Sr. Environmental Professional, located in Raynham, Massachusetts.
Under general supervision, responsible for leading the Environmental Program at the multi-franchise DePuy facility located in Raynham, Massachusetts. Ensure site conformance to ISO 14001 Standards, J&J Worldwide EHS Standards and regulatory requirements. Establish and maintain robust processes that identify, evaluate, and control environmental risk in the workplace. Partner with various business groups (ie. operations, R&D, office) to provide technical guidance and implement continuous improvement initiatives. Conduct comprehensive assessments and data analysis to establish strategies and influence change to meet J&J, franchise, and site goals. Compiles all regulatory and Johnson and Johnson environmental plans, permits, and reports. Ensures compliance with 14001.
• Possess current knowledge of applicable government environmental regulations (e.g. MADEP, EPA, etc.) and reporting requirements.
• Communicate with site business leaders regarding environmental compliance policies, site practices and issues.
• Provide environmental support for new facility construction, equipment purchases, and new product development related projects.
• Develop and maintain policies, procedures and programs to ensure environmental compliance.
• Conduct annual program reviews, identify deficiencies, develop and lead implementation of management action plans, and monitor progress.
• Establish site environmental goals to meet franchise and corporate strategies.
• Provide leadership, technical support and professional expertise to ensure environmental goals are met.
• Obtain, maintain, and track data necessary to ensure environmental compliance and completion of franchise, J&J and regulatory reports.
• Develop and deliver technical training and EHS awareness programs in support of company's hazard/risk profile.
• Perform internal audits of environmental compliance.
• Assist in external audits and inspections of environmental suppliers and vendors.
• Respond to complex requests from internal and external customers (employees, management, partners, contractors, regulators) for information or assistance in environmental areas.
Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering/Science, Safety Engineering/Science or Chemical Engineering or related EHS field required. Advanced degree preferred.
Experiences & Skills:
• 5 years of Environmental experience required, preferably in a multi-site franchise or multi-functional role
• Experience in identifying, evaluating and controlling environmental risks in the workplace required
• Current knowledge of applicable government environmental regulations required
• Experience developing Environmental programs required
• Excellent influencing, negotiating, planning, organizational, and time management skill required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required
• Ability to work in a team environment required
• Experience working with EHS data reporting and tracking systems preferred
• This position is based in Raynham, MA and requires 10% domestic travel
• This position requires periods of standing, production floor/facility mobility and ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to participate in site emergency response and related exercises preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
United States-Massachusetts-Raynham-325 Paramount Drive
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)