Johnson & Johnson Careers
Lead Front-End Architect
Requisition ID: 5243180627
Sightbox is looking for a Front-end architect/developer to join us in our Portland, OR office.
Sightbox is a new way for contact lens wearers to experience vision care. We are passionate about educating people about the importance of eye care - and in doing so are preserving the doctor-patient relationship. Sightbox joined Johnson & Johnson Vision in 2017. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for a strong front-end architect/developer lead to join our growing engineering team. The ideal candidate will work closely with Product Management, UX/UI design, and our back-end engineering team to help design and develop new mobile and web applications on the React / React Native framework. You will be expected to heavily contribute to the architectural direction of these applications, guide product UI development and integration testing.
What you’ll do:
- Lead architecture and development of front-end framework for new mobile and web applications.
- Provide mentorship to other front-end developers on code style and best practices.
- Work closely with Product, UX, and Engineering to create simple and intuitive interfaces.
- Rapidly prototype new features and quickly iterate on what works and what doesn’t.
- Research, test, and benchmark new technologies.
- Design and communicate coding standards and architectural plans.
- React / React Native, Redux, Saga
- HTML5 / JS / CSS / Flexbox
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) and serverless architecture.
- High School Diploma is required, BA degree or equivalent is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with React and/or React Native.
- Extensive experience with RESTful APIs and JSON.
- Understanding of unit and functional testing best practices.
- Strong experience with cross-browser compatibility issues, optimization and accessibility techniques.
- Technical leadership/mentorship experience a strong plus.
- People feel heard when communicating with you through writing and conversation.
- Ability to direct a conversation toward solution without coming across as brisk or pushy.
- Genuinely curious about people, contact lens wearers, and local businesses operating in the vision industry.
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn’t an option.
- Confident communication skills - no fear of the phone.
- Your positive attitude puts people at ease.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage your time within a fast-paced environment
- Excited to stick with us for 2-3 years and build something great.
What you'll be a part of at Sightbox is awesome! We are a startup, but we’re also a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care. In addition to world-class standard benefits and a competitive salary, we have perks such as:
- Top of the line Macbook Pro, dual monitors, and a standing desk.
- Nitro cold brew and sparkling water on tap.
- Pet insurance.
- Parking/transit pre-tax benefits.
- Generous time off for full-time employees.
- Learning credits.
- Theme days and company outings.
- Newly renovated downtown office digs.
- A really, really fun group of co-workers.
We have a collective success culture: everyone contributes to how we win. Cross-functionally and across the company, we share common goals and work tirelessly for our members. We learn new things every day, support one another and we more than value work-life balance (truly—without balance we will not find sustainable success).
As a team, we’re committed to creating a unique and rewarding vision health experience for contact lens wearers. We all know that our healthcare system is in need of innovation— we’re focused on using technology to address needed change while keeping doctors at the heart of the experience.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)