Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Product Management
San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico
New Product Intro-Life Cycle Mgmt
Requisition ID: 5237181023
ETHICON Biosurgery, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Product Management, located in San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Senior Manager Product Management, you will:
- Be responsible for driving New Product Introductions, Lifecycle Management and effective governance within one of Biosurgery’s product platforms.
- Represent the Enterprise Supply Chain in the development and commercialization activities for New Product Development (NPD) projects, and the integration of New Products into Manufacturing and driving lifecycle management, sustaining activities and other operations responsibilities.
- Partner with Marketing, R&D, Quality and Supply Chain teams to develop strategies to achieve business objectives and provide governance through effective prioritization and allocation of resources to achieve strategic goals.
- Manage a cross-functional product team, focused on the end to end alignment of life cycle and NPI projects with the overall business objectives for one of Biosurgery’s platform products.
- Serve as single point of contact between the Biosurgery portfolios and Value Stream teams, ensure life cycle management projects are aligned with end to end strategy.
- Provide global operations leadership to assigned new product development project and sponsor smaller NPD or Lifecycle projects to successful resolution, providing guidance and support to project teams.
- Develop operations strategy, assemble team and development/execution of operations project plan through hand-off to the manufacturing site.
- Build strong cross-functional teams, providing feedback and coaching to team members an identify gaps in existing business processes and drive improvement activities to close them.
- Follow defined processes & procedures related to new product development to ensure compliance and meet business deliverables.
- Participate in New Business Development activities including due diligence and business case development.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering is required; Master of Science or Master of Business Administration degree is preferred.
- Six Sigma/Process Excellence, Project Management (i.e. PMP and FPX), and/or Supply Chain Professional certifications are highly preferred.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant work experience in a business or technical role is required.
- Experience working in the manufacturing regulated industry is required. Medical Device, Pharmaceutical and/or Biologics experience is preferred.
- Experience in new product introductions, launches or technical transfers is required.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams or people management is highly preferred.
- Experience leading medical device New Product Development teams is preferred.
- Significant project management experience is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required; working experience with Trackwise, JD Edwards and SAP is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish (oral and written) is required.
- Ability to develop people, manage technology, embrace financial goals and utilize customer-focused decision making.
- Change management, project management, the ability to work effectively and drive alignment in a global environment through strong communication and empowerment.
- Strong communication and management influence skills are required.
- Experience in building business strategies and driving strategy implementation is required.
- The position requires up to twenty-five percent (25%) of Domestic and International travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Puerto Rico-San Lorenzo-
Ethicon Endo Surgery, LLC (7597)
New Product Intro-Life Cycle Mgmt